Sign in to follow this  
Joe Flyer2

You Choose! 737NGX or 777?

I know. I don't fly to/from Dubai that much. And I still prefer the 737 over the 777 ^_^

Me too. The NGX is such a great airplane. Whenever i have time, i fly  it. Mostly from Germany to Mallorca or from Norway to Germany. There is a very nice EDDL Dusselorf freeware out there. :) Perfect for SAS or Air Berlin.

But the 777 (300) with EFB + Data Uplink + Cam + Weather Radar etc.. will be amazing. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

There is a very nice EDDL Dusselorf freeware

Very nice. I have the Aerosoft EDDL.  ^_^ Like you say, perfect for SAS flights. 

I know. But aerosofts eddl does not work smooth enough for me :/ (old FS9 code).

Philipp Schwaegerl

I know. But aerosofts eddl does not work smooth enough for me :/ (old FS9 code).

Gotcha

Like many others have replied already, I feel one of the key factors in your decision making should be a very practical one, which is: what type of flights will you be able/wanting to do.

If you don't see yourself having time to commit to long hauls, then don't bother with the triple.

If you wish to only do long hauls, and you're able to (time wise), go for it.

You will have lots of fun with either, but you should use the right aircraft for the right means. At least, that is if you care about realism highly. As most of us do, we like to recreate real-life operated flights to a high degree of realism, so doing short hops in a 777 doesn't leave you with a lot of realistic options.

I am lucky enough to own both, and I will be using both for a long time to come, as each can be used for different sorts of flights.

I have got to say,  as someone who started on PMDG with the 777, and then the 737 and then the JS4100, I still appreciate all three. I still fly the 737 quite often, despite its "cold" feeling compared to the 777. It is different.

olli4740, on 09 Jul 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:olli4740, on 09 Jul 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

Talking about fps: In the NGX you could revert to a 2D cockpit (as a last resort) to improve frame rates; you can not do that in the B777.

Congrats on your choice!

Sacrilege!  We don't do 2D! :o  :lol:  I used to love 2D back in FS2000\2004. Back then 3D was like, um, NO!

Shows how far we have come. Now only if PMDG could buy oculus VR off facebook.....

Sacrilege!  We don't do 2D! :o  :lol:  I used to love 2D back in FS2000\2004. Back then 3D was like, um, NO!

Shows how far we have come. Now only if PMDG could buy oculus VR off facebook.....

LOL. I remember them days. When it was considered advanced when the yoke moved in the 3D cockpit but nothing else worked except maybe a few distorted guages. I use to be one that thought 2D would last forever, 3D cockpits would never catch on. Then along came PMDG :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy:

Then along came PMDG
I would not still be involved in FSX if it was not for PMDG. After a few years break I loaded up my old FS9 and POSKY 777's - And thought, OMG what the bloody hell did I used to fly..... then discovered PMDG late in the game. And the only complaint is lack of model choices - As I now don't fly anything else.

I still cant bring myself to delete my OWN 777 POSKY repaints dating back to before 2006.... once I have the PMDG 777-300ER - different story......

Truly, when I need a break from life, to just get away from it all, to break free of the earth, I close my office door and fire up my systems, and the moment I apply TOGA power all earthly concerns evaporate and my mind is focused solely on that one moment, that point when we rotate off the earth, that point where, really, nothing down there matters any longer. But it is equally a good feeling when those eagle-talon main gear return to earth, as if to say, it was brief and beautiful, but we are back. And the 777 never looks happy to be back. for her element is always, the skies.

Firstly, I'd like to apologize as it was all my fault alone that this thread has been derailed ("2D cockpit" :P). 

Secondly, I want to thank PMDG for providing such a smooth transition from 2D to VC: Wasn't it the NGX after all, where I learned to use a VC view for checking the stab trim setting ... before taking off in 2D cockpit view anyway?   :LMAO:

Ha. By the way, it's okay that we talked about 2D Cockpits... that's a good tip. As of right now, I'm trying to figure out ways to improve FPS using Nvidia inspector. For some reason, it's not fully functional so that's been my priority right now before I buy the PMDG 737NGX. Hopefully this goes to show how lucky some of you are to have high-end computers that can handle FSX swiftly. For me, almost every moment in FSX is built around getting FPS (besides flying the airplane). Just look at my computer specifications (specs)! Sheesh... I wish I could just have a damn super-computer and lock myself in a room with it and FSX for 2 years (JK). But don't we all want awesome computers?    "Money doesn't grow on trees."

Okay... so this thread has gotten off topic, but we're being constructive ^_^! Now, back to the NGX....

It seems like a great aircraft, and I can't wait for that breath-taking, heart-stopping moment as those dual CFM turbofans, in their almighty power, bring that plane off the ground as a near intimidating roar fills the sky... music to my ears. If only FPS was no issue in the world....

Thank you everyone for contributing to this thread.

One more question.... Since I don't have great computer specs, I still want to run the NGX at decent FPS... do you think overclocking is necessary :unsure:???

Joe.

+olli4740 Tell me more.... This sounds interesting. Elaborate, please. Thanks.

FYI: Allegedly, according to Intel, my CPU is capable of up to 3.3 GHz, and my GPU is capable of up to 4000 MHz ^_^. But overclocking will get me there....

Joe.