Sign in to follow this  
Guest HMCSUSNRET

Shez's KSNA parking problems! Help Please

Guest Grubby

Hey everyone,I installed shez' KSNA and its a great scenery i just cant get my traffic to park in front of the gates. I installed the Scenery, then the patch, then the ground texture fix. I installed Edward Cox' afcad and tried a few others as well. Every time it seems the aircraft want to park way down by the GA traffic and the few that do park at the terminal are half in it! anyone have any clue how to fix this????Thanks in advance!Kris

Guest Grubby

Surely someone has seen this before? Ive tried everything! Please Help!Kris

Guest ponyboy

Hio Kris,Well I know my AFCAD works with it since I created it. Don't know if you have tried mine yet (AF2_KSNA.ZIP). Make sure you have only one AFCAD2 file active for the airport so there are no conflicts. It could be the parking assignement order of the AFCAD putting all theaircraft in the GA area. Also check... do you have alot of flights going in/out of KSNA?FYI - if you do use my AFCAD2, SKIP the part in the README.TXT about using my modified AP916200.BGL. It wipes out other airports (me bad).good luck

Guest Grubby

Hey,I tried your afcad and still the same problem. It is almost as if the afcad is not being detected at all! When starting a flight, and i go to the select airport page, i bring up ksna. but in the starting position drop down menu, it does not list the gates at all, there will only be like 4 gate positions and maybe 7 ramp positions, its like the scenery wants to use the default parking position. Has anyone heard of this before?Kris

If it's doing that then it probably is using the default or another other than the one you want. Open AFCAD and see how many are listed as it sounds like you have a conflict with more than one afcad file for that airport.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Grubby

I did a search through my afcads and i only have one for ksna. I looked through the addon scenery/scenery folder, and i did a search through My Computer as well. I dont see any other afcads for ksna. Thanks for your reply.. any idea where i could find it?ThanksKris

Guest ponyboy

There's an applet out there (haven't tried it though), that finds all duplicate AFCADS. You might try d/l that and give it a whirl. Pehaps you have an AFCAD hiding somewhere.

Guest HMCSUSNRET

Grumpy try scanafd.zip. works really well at finding duplicates. I had the same problem as you and discovered an unknown duplicate.Good luck.

Guest Grubby

Hey,I downloaded the program and searched and i only have 1 afcad for KSNA. So that cant be the problem. It used to work fine for me, but for the last while its just not workin. Ive tried reinstalling the scenery, that did not fix anything. Does this mean I'm S.O.L? Its frustrating because its a great scenery, that i cant use. I also notice the big jets are landing on the small runway. Thanks for the help,Kris

Guest ponyboy

Well, I'm scratchin' my head as to what is then the problem. You said it worked before so you might have added something other than another AFCAD which is causing the conflict.Even thought you already tried it I would delete the AFCAD's and scenery... reinstall and place KSNA high on you scenery priority list. Also, if you have ever used AFCAD2 you could open KSNA and see if there are more than two AFCADs. If there are then there is still one hiding there.good luck

Guest Grubby

Hey,Thanks for your help with this i appreciate it! Im gonna do as you suggested and delete everything and try reinstalling. and ill put ksna as a high priority, with any luck itll work. Kris

Guest Grubby

Hey KenIm using Project AI, i have a few odd custom ones, but everything else i get from PAI. How would AI affect it?thanksKris

Guest Grubby

Hey,I finally fixed it. Im not sure what initially caused the problem. But the first time i reinstalled it, i simply deleted it out of my addon scenery folder before deleting it from the scenery library in flight sim. This time when i reistalled it, i deleted the scenery from the scenery library in flight sim first. Then I deleted the files in flight sim. Installed them, and now it works! Im glad thats over! thanks! Kris