Sign in to follow this  
CaptCraig

Ninja Release. Ask me a question.

Well if we didn't have 20 pages consisting of "thanks" etc we might not have so many problems lol

Are you saying PMDG customers are too grateful and we need to show more hatred? hehe

Are you saying PMDG customers are too grateful and we need to show more hatred? hehe

Only on certain days haha

Oh well when they're saying thanks I'll be downloading...

I used the time to build my new PC to run the 77W etc. Kinda worked out well, as if it releases next week or so, the new rig will be all set up and tweaked to be ready for it! I also got some administrative stuff done like my birthday, some tax returns, etc. :lol:  

What machine did you build?  I remember building mine a few years ago.  Yes, I'm a n00b at FSX, but FS9 tinkering crosses over.  

Also, a lot of people are using DX10 with the fixer and getting good results.  Do you know anything about that?  Should I make the "switch"?  Can you go back if it doesn't work out?  

We have, as you may have noticed, a bandwidth throttle system. We will be setting it to 100KB a minute.

Thanks Tom.  Usually I wait until the smoke clears a tad before downloading such as day two or three after release.  I may just go for day one this time

Chris Sunseri

What machine did you build?  I remember building mine a few years ago.  Yes, I'm a n00b at FSX, but FS9 tinkering crosses over.  

Also, a lot of people are using DX10 with the fixer and getting good results.  Do you know anything about that?  Should I make the "switch"?  Can you go back if it doesn't work out?  

Hi Craig, I built a new system based on Core i7-4790K running at 4.5GHz (for now) on a Gigabyte Z97X-UD5 Black Edition motherboard. Carried over my 16GB RAM, but did add a second SSD so now have one dedicated FSX SSD. DX10 works very nicely for me BUT it is not "officially" supported. I think you can go back, but I have never tried. I run ORBX products and PMDG products and have not had any issues. I think using DX10 is why I don't seem to have OOM errors (I started on DX10 a while back).

Wes

I also can say DX10 works perfect. It seems to be a lot smoother with lower frames. All PMDG airplanes work perfect and without a problem.

Philipp Schwaegerl

I also can say DX10 works perfect. It seems to be a lot smoother with lower frames. All PMDG airplanes work perfect and without a problem.

mean higher frames? 

No lower. Compare 15 FPS under DX9 and 15 under DX10 and you will see and feel the DX10 are a lot smoother. It's because the Graphics Card is a lot more involved under DX10. 

But you are right. I get higher frames with DX10 (sometimes) :D.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Hi Craig, I built a new system based on Core i7-4790K running at 4.5GHz (for now) on a Gigabyte Z97X-UD5 Black Edition motherboard. Carried over my 16GB RAM, but did add a second SSD so now have one dedicated FSX SSD. DX10 works very nicely for me BUT it is not "officially" supported. I think you can go back, but I have never tried. I run ORBX products and PMDG products and have not had any issues. I think using DX10 is why I don't seem to have OOM errors (I started on DX10 a while back).

Wes

Nice rig Wes.  I'm running an i5-2500K Sandy Bridge.  Not over clocked yet.  Runs all my goodies just fine.  25-30 frames on the ground in the NGX at a flytampa or fsdreamteam.  Maybe I should make the DX10 switch because we all get those times when we're only getting 15-20 frames somewhere.  It will never be officially supported though, right?  FSX is no longer.  

Nice rig Wes.  I'm running an i5-2500K Sandy Bridge.  Not over clocked yet.  Runs all my goodies just fine.  25-30 frames on the ground in the NGX at a flytampa or fsdreamteam.  Maybe I should make the DX10 switch because we all get those times when we're only getting 15-20 frames somewhere.  It will never be officially supported though, right?  FSX is no longer.  

My problem is I hate running anything but full detail etc in programs. My old 3770 just could not keep up at 4.1GHz, this new system seems to give me a good few percent extra. 

RE DX10 - I don't believe you will see anyone officially support it as it was never an "official" feature from MS. And even with the DX10 fixer, everyone may have different results. I took the risk as I am in IT so if I wreck my system I can re-install without too much effort or cost. When it works, it works well though. I truly believe that's why I don't get OOM's.

My problem is I hate running anything but full detail etc in programs. My old 3770 just could not keep up at 4.1GHz, this new system seems to give me a good few percent extra. 

RE DX10 - I don't believe you will see anyone officially support it as it was never an "official" feature from MS. And even with the DX10 fixer, everyone may have different results. I took the risk as I am in IT so if I wreck my system I can re-install without too much effort or cost. When it works, it works well though. I truly believe that's why I don't get OOM's.

I've heard the same about OOMs and DX10.  

Yes my machine runs all my goodies, but I don't run with full sliders...so there is the catch.  I'm fine with it though.  I don't do a lot of low level stuff, and I don't go exploring the airports.  I used to be able to run full sliders, but then I started adding this and that and you know the rest.  

Don't expect a wonder if you switch to DX10. I had a lot of OOM on Vancouver approach with PMDG 737 and 777. I switched to DX10 and no OOM anymore. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Don't expect a wonder if you switch to DX10. I had a lot of OOM on Vancouver approach with PMDG 737 and 777. I switched to DX10 and no OOM anymore. 

That's what I have now.  Puzzling.  

You can try it. :) Every FSX works different. For me it solved all the problems. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

So I switched to DX10 last night.  After a few drinks.  Probably a bad idea.  It's SUPER smooth, and looks a touch better, however the street lights look like black boxes.  

This is WITHOUT the fixer.  I wanted to see what it was like.  Will the fixer get rid of those?