Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Good 757

Hi guys,

Can I ask if anyone knows of a good, realistic 757 I could purchase? It should be in the same category like PMDG. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Regards

Not PMDG quality Gizzmo. The two that are available are Quality Wings and Captain Sim.

Captain Sim has more systems modeled than QW and has a nice model, but a lot of users have found it very buggy. I decided on purchasing the QW version, nice model, sounds but systems are between a default plane and the CS plane.

If you really want a 757, I would go for QW757, even though it does not have in depth systems.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/x757/

http://www.qualitywingssim.com/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Badfinger,

Thank you for your reply.

Regards

Gizmo

Avoid the CS 757. It's riddled with bugs, and Captain Sim have terrible support. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not the best, but I fly the Justflight fremium 757 - much better than the default aircraft and you can't go wrong for the price.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I just purchased the QW 757 to use in P3D and really like it. For $25 it's a bargain.

Todd

I know I'm going to cause controversy here by saying I would buy the CS version.  It has far more to it systems wise and let's face it- it's what we the simmers are after.  Also I've never found the CS version to be that buggy.  It's certainly flyable.

Just my 2 pence of course. :)

I know I'm going to cause controversy here by saying I would buy the CS version.  It has far more to it systems wise and let's face it- it's what we the simmers are after.  Also I've never found the CS version to be that buggy.  It's certainly flyable.

I agree on the basis that there seems to be very little to choose between the the CS and QW versions and neither are of PMDG standard. I happily used the CS 757 for a couple of years without problems before buying the QW version and the CS 757 certainly has a few more usable systems than the QW version and perhaps slightly better modelling although both are modelled very well both inside and out. At the end of the day purchasing the QW 757 did not provide me with any great improvement over the CS version but they are both enjoyable to fly provided you accept that neither provide a PMDG level of system replication.

Bill

Then you're one of the lucky ones.

Many have had numerous issues with this plane and consider it unfinished software, including myself.

It's also not the first time Captainsim has left unresolved issues with one product for so long before moving on to another project.

Well there are other factors than just systems to be taken into account too. QW has totally superior soundset, also in my opinion it has better flight dynamics than the CS version... It just somehow feels "right" while CS one feels pretty much like default 737 to fly, a bit like driving a train. 

Not PMDG quality Gizzmo. The two that are available are Quality Wings and Captain Sim.

Captain Sim has more systems modeled than QW and has a nice model, but a lot of users have found it very buggy. I decided on purchasing the QW version, nice model, sounds but systems are between a default plane and the CS plane.

If you really want a 757, I would go for QW757, even though it does not have in depth systems.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/x757/

http://www.qualitywingssim.com/

How does the QW 757 do in DX10?

How does the QW 757 do in DX10?

Great. No issues

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If you ask me, there are NO 757s in the market.

QW: A 757 that resembles freeware from 2007. ( no offence to QW of course, I'll be purchasing their 788 and 737CL)

CS: e3lNcLe.jpg

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

QW: A 757 that resembles freeware from 2007.

Hardly, I think in terms of looks it's rather comparable to PMDG 747. System wise not of course, still decent enough and flies well unlike the CS version. 

A while ago it received an update that added higher quality interior textures + fixed bunch of bugs... 

I'm really waiting for other stuff from QW. A while ago I bought real 737 classic pilot's manual from Ebay, it includes checklists and everything. When the 737CL gets released I'm certainly going to use it together with the manual.