Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Qualitywings BAe 146 permanent discount

Qualitywings has announced a permanent reduction of the 146's price tag- from $50 down to $35.99. However, this only applies to the download version. The boxed edition still has a price tag of $54.99. 

Anyway, looks like a pretty good deal when you see the level of detail! 

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=qw146fsx

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

How does this compare to the Just Flight 146 I wonder?

Justflight: one plane (BAe 146), one flightdeck, no custom FMC (JF BAe FMC expansion pack uses default/native GPS)

QW: two planes (BAe146 and Avroliner), three flightdecks (two for the three BAe variants, one for the three Avro variants), and two different FMCs (one for the BAe's, one for the Avro's).

QW supports full panel state saving and reloading, JF does not.

The only occasion when the JF BAe has to be considered is when it's on a 6 EUR/48 h sale ... (or in a pick'n'mix offer)

How does this compare to the Just Flight 146 I wonder?

QW runs in FS9, JF does not (if you run FS9, it will matter).

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I got the JF one in a sale and like the plane, except for that fact that it appears to be over-powered. Can anyone compare the flight dynamics of both models? 

Thanks,

Peter

QW supports full panel state saving and reloading, JF does not.

I'd add that the QW simulates the thrust modulating control system whereas the JF does not. This is a unique feature of the 146 and a serious omission by JF.

Also the QW autopilot is custom, the JF one is not IIRC.

I got the JF one in a sale and like the plane, except for that fact that it appears to be over-powered. Can anyone compare the flight dynamics of both models?

I don't have the JF 146 so can't compare it with the QW sim. However the QW flight dynamics subjectively feel "right" compared to the 146 full flight sims I've flown. Sounds are very good too, as usual for QW.

ki9cAAb.jpg

(...)

Also the QW autopilot is custom, the JF one is not IIRC.

(...)

IIRC, the JF version features IAS Hold (like in "FLCH" and "pitch for speed") - won't tip the scales, though.

Yep, confirmation:

"SMITHS SEP 10 AUTOPILOT

Fully simulated Smiths SEP 10 autopilot with every available mode simulated: GSL, ALT, ALT ARM, VS, MACH, IAS, V/L, B LOC, TURB, SYNC, HDG and LNAV modes. LNAV following FSX GPS flight plan."

http://justflight.com/product/146-200-300-jetliner

Again, it doesn't change my preference for the QW version.

Hi Oliver

Just downloaded this to purchase, but the installer will not run from the .exe. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Oliver. No, I downloaded the link from Flight1 directly. It downloads as a 342Mb file but when I try to run it, I get nowhere. Using Firefox.

EDIT: No idea why it would not install from the downloaded file earlier on, but now all has gone through smoothly. Looking forward to flying this aircraft when I finally get around to building my new system.