Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

Grumman HU-16 Albatross Khamsin released

It's out and it's amazing, great quality. Does anybody know how to hide the copilot?

Alexander Colka

Never mind, that feature probably would be added in a future update.

Alexander Colka

About to pick it up now.  Recently saw one on display at the Pima Air and Space Museum in AZ and it was a beauty!

Joseph Catino

Any opinions from those that have bought it ?

What's the flight model like ? What's the water model like ? How are the systems failures modelled ?

Any info gratefully received..TIM

It is very nice. I don't have any rw experience in this kind of airplane but handles very well. There are some reports about the castoring nose wheel system being difficult to handle in ground and some issues about the prop reverser that I understand those are being addressed in an incoming patch. I didn't take her to the limits so I haven't damaged the engines yet but there is a menu that indicates the health status of your engines and systems. Visually is a real beauty, both internal and external, the vc is really appealing and very pro.

Alexander Colka

Having never flown a real one I can only speculate but I would say it handles like you would expect,  It's a rather large plane so it's responsive but lumbering.  The water model seems fairly realistic, having no water rudder you have to use the throttles separately to turn.  It has an "easy mode" that makes some of those things easier.  There are many systems that are assigned a health value so you do have to fly it rather realistically so to don't break things.  I'd say it's worth the money.

It is very nice. I don't have any rw experience in this kind of airplane but handles very well. There are some reports about the castoring nose wheel system being difficult to handle in ground and some issues about the prop reverser that I understand those are being addressed in an incoming patch. I didn't take her to the limits so I haven't damaged the engines yet but there is a menu that indicates the health status of your engines and systems. Visually is a real beauty, both internal and external, the vc is really appealing and very pro.

The reversing problems were that only the left would reverse and it couldn't be shut off and the handles pulled down for reverse when in real life they push up, the first issue was fixed and the second they are aware of and are fixing it.  As for the castoring wheel, I guess the 10.30 beta messes with it so for now there's the option to make it linked with the rudder.

Joseph Catino

Thanks for the info......sounds good and to top it off NO FMC,,,,,,I think I can feel a purchase coming on.