Sign in to follow this  
morato96

cannot install pmdg 737 ngx

hello, I just bought the Boeing 737 pmdg ngx. Once I extract the files and right click on the PMDG 737 8900 NGX and run as an administrator, I get the following message, Unable to locate fsx.exe Unable to install. Could you please help me out, since I have no idea what to do about this?

Regards

Juan

Did you ever move your fsx folder ever?

I had a similar problem and the fix that worked for me was to run flight1's registry repair tool. It can be found for free on their website.

yes I moved it to the c folder. I have tried the fsx registry repair tool and selected the fsx path, that is c:/microsoft simulator X/ and fsx.exe and still does not work

From what I know, then you are looking at a full reinstall of fsx and your addons. This time though when reinstalling make sure to choose the installation location carefully. The problem is that even if you could somehow force the pmdg plane to install, every other plane that you would purchase would have the same problem, thereby necessitating a full reinstall.

One last hope other then a full reinstall might be to try some of the other registry repair tools for fsx.