Sign in to follow this  
morato96

cannot install pmdg 737 ngx

hello, I just bought the Boeing 737 pmdg ngx. Once I extract the files and right click on the PMDG 737 8900 NGX and run as an administrator, I get the following message, Unable to locate fsx.exe Unable to install. Could you please help me out, since I have no idea what to do about this?

Regards

Juan

run regedit

go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0

double click SetupPath

place the location of FSX in there, e.g.:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

With Explorer Properties, Security, "Edit" and Add "Write" and "Modify" permissions for the "Users" group on that folder, allow subfolders.

Install PMDG

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hello, thanks you very much for your help. I managed to successfully install the product

I have another question. where can I get the livery manager to install liveries addons?

hello there, thanks you very much for your help, I managed to successfully install the product following your instructions. I have another question, regarding the installation of the livery manager to add liveries from different airlines, since i cannot find the livery manager

Regards

Have a read of the introduction manual

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks, have now the livery manager located, once i open it as an admin, i browse to the ppt file but cannot install the livery. Guess i am doing something wrong, would you be kind to indicate me the steps i need to follow in order to be able to install the liveries, appreciate your help, regards, Juan

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/liveries.html

Page 126 of the introduction manual explains  step by step you need  to take, the above link is  for you to download   the liveries  to your desk top folder

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi there, sorry to bother you again, I have followed the instruction of the manual and can´t install the liveries at all. In fact on the livery manager I can see installed as an example the scandinavian airline related to the 800NGX model, but once I open FSX, the modelled plane for the scandinavian airline is not there at all. I muest be doing something wrong, since I have no idea what else I can do to get this resolved. Regards

Have you ticked the box  that says show all variants?

Peter kelberg

I installed the PMDG planes 737, no problem with that, what do you mean with the box that says show all variants, where should I ticket this?, I don´t know whay you mean

In you fsx aircraft selection area, on the bottom of  the box  of all the aircraft is  a box  with show all aircraft tick this

Co52O.png

Hopes this help other than coming around and doing this for you :P

Peter kelberg

yes, I have that box ticked

I had that box already ticked

on the livery manager programme, the clickable box that says select livery to install and the box below are kind of blurry.

bvCI6.png

0yLoK.png

Have you got something like this in your ngx   under simobjects/airplanes/aircraft cfg

Peter kelberg

No, I don´t, I only have the cfg files for the default planes, what really strikes me is that of the programme manager I can see one airline that I suppossedly installed (on the installed liveries box)

Going by my post above  have you got  the pmdg  and your liverly showing  and  did you click  the install as well  and  are  you running  as admin   and have uac  turned off

Your not trying  to install a   600 livery to a  800  are you by any chance

Peter kelberg