Sign in to follow this  
max2770

Who said that video cards don't matter?

I upgraded my GTX570 to a GTX580 Classified Ultra 3GB.

Processor is the same, i7 2600K OC'd at 4.3.

Well, my frames at the same settings went from 12-18 to 26-35.  It's amazingly smooth.  That card is a monstrous powerhouse.

It runs hot though, what should be the max temp for that card?  It reached 85C - my 570 would never pass 70.

sig01.png

My 660ti runs at 80 with Unigen running and prime95 torture test (running the cpu up to 85). FSX never has them coming close to those temps though.

Who said that video cards don't matter?

I don't think that it is necessarily whether the video card matter's or not, rather that the right card with the right CPU and vice versa.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I really like to hear stories like this.  Currently have the GTX560Ti and looking at the GTX780.  Have been holding off as so many report upgrading with little or not increase in FSX performance.  

Just to clarify....did you upgrade to the 580 or the 780 ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I went from a GTX 570 1.28GB to a GTX 780 6GB last month - I don't feel like there's any difference at all in FSX honestly. (I bought it for other games)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The 780 ti  ROCKS!

Stan

The only thing upgrading video cards for me ever improved was ability to crank up the AA.  Even my Titan gets crushed in heavy clouds using 8X AA with 8 SSGG in DX 10.  My old 480 would be in single digits with this scenario, but Titan holds in the mid teens to low 20s.  It is nice seeing GPU usage at 100% after paying all that cash for it.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

AA cranked up, thick cloud coverage, full HD with no restrictions, climbing smoothly @ 40FPS.  Haswell-E will be fun when I upgrade.

fps.PNG

sig01.png

I love how half the people on this forum have i7's clocked at 4 ghz and 780s and here I am running with my i5 3330 and a 750.

*sigh* The problems of a high school student  :(

I love how half the people on this forum have i7's clocked at 4 ghz and 780s and here I am running with my i5 3330 and a 750.

*sigh* The problems of a high school student  :(

I'm running a 580.  Your 750 will do just fine once you upgrade that CPU.  Heck, I'll keep you posted, I'll sell my motherboard, 2600k and water cooler when I upgrade to Haswell-E.

sig01.png