Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Timeframe for P3d version of VRS TacPack confirmed

When will the SuperBug be ready for P3D ... same time as TacPk?

Will an upgrade from our FSX version be possible or is it a new purchase only?

That would be good ... no word on it??

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

There's nothing new officially from VRS on the purchase/upgrade front. My guess is that the policy will be similar to A2A. The P3d versions of F-18 and TacPack will be a bit more expensive than the FSX versions. And there will be an upgrade path from FSX to P3d.

I should add here that the significance of that screen shot is that TacPack never worked correctly under FSX DX10, which really was a shame. But it is working with P3d and DX11.

It will be interesting to see how many of the P3d versions of existing TacPack aircraft work with the new TacPack for P3d. Or will they each need updating? I'm guessing the latter.

Existing TP aircraft is what, a half dozen or so? Dino's got his working, and Aerosoft if coming out with their F-14 'real soon now'. The IRIS A-10A is really the big one in terms of using ability to employ a lot of munitions and make use of TacPack. Maybe the updating won't be that onerous.

Damn sure this is the best FSX/P3D news I have seen in a good long time.

The bad news about this is that TacPack will only work with P3d 2.4 academic licence. If you have any other licences, you will have to buy the academic version.

thats not bad news

BTW, any progress on this? Aerosoft just released a TacPack compatible F14 which seems really advanced

From what a gather is it true that TacPack does not work at all as is now, in P3DV24 ??

LOL, it is if you shelled out a lot more money for the P3d Pro version.

LOL, it is if you shelled out a lot more money for the P3d Pro version.

20 US per month (instead of the 2100 US)

But I think you cannot have pro and academic installed on the same OS

ok 10 US per month for the pro

but is it installable whilst academic is there?

The monthly cost that you cited is for a Pro developers license. The Pro license is $199 one time. Academic is $59.95, Pro Plus is $2,300 one time.

The only way to have two versions installed on one PC is via a dual boot setup.

Now that The F14X is out....Any further news from the insiders? I own TP for FSX, but just cannot fire this one up anymore....

Cheers, Marcel

BTW, Amazing addon, even without TP

Wow, thanks for reminding me about the Aerosoft F-14X. I forgot that it was released a few days ago. As to your question, there really are no "insiders" (of course except the VRS development team), but you can follow the progress on the VRS official forums.

Oh Boy! Naval ships enabled... going to have to create another fleet of ships TAC Pack enabled.

A small official update to the status:

icon_post_target.gifby VRS Varmint » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:50 pm

It's our primary focus right now, but I'm not very confident it'll get released before January. It'll be going to internal beta probably within a week.

A small official update to the status:

Thanks for the info

Rich Sennett