Sign in to follow this  
megs8888

Recommended must do NGX flights 1-3hrs Add on Scenery

Hi guys is there a tool anywhere to suggest good shorthop say 1-3 hour NGX flights with good Add on scenery/procedures predominantly in europe. i get stuck sometimes thinking of where to fly and would like avsim users suggestions. ie EHAM - LOWI etc any advice would be greatly appreciated. Wayne Hart.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

LOWI as you mentioned is allways fun. 

LPMA Funchal is a fun approach. Especially the visual circuit to rwy 05. 

LXGB Gibraltar is very fun too. Especially if the winds are right for a 09 app.

They all have nice addon scenery.

Ok thks

Wayne HART

Plenty of US domestic routes to be had! I know you said in Europe, but carriers like Southwest do a TON of domestic routes between 1 and 3 hours. BOS-MDW, MDW-HOU, HOU-MCO, MCO-PVD... the list goes on and on...

Will

LGSK is fun. You could do a real life Transavia route from LGSK to EHRD. NL2000 has fantastic scenery for the Netherlands (free!!), and Aerosoft has one for Skiathos I believe. Both airports are beautiful and very scenic. Lots of eye candy!

Yes love the eye candy of Europe did LSGG TO LPMA today that was fun. Skiathos I've done, any other good European mountainous ones I'm looking for. :)

Wayne HART

Hi !

Those are my favorites...

GCLA (Las Palmas) is very nice, and LICJ (Palermo) too, but I haven't found good sceneries yet for them... LTAI (Antalya) has a nice approach if coming from the north on RWY36 and LSGG's very nice with the Geneva Lake (Of course, it's my city ! :D )...

DTTJ (Djerba) and DTMB (Monastir) worth going there, nice approach on the sea !

;)

My favourite: SBRJ SBSP SBRJ in the 738 short field performance package. 2x 40 minutes plus turn around. Paulo Ricardo Rio and Sao Paulo scenery for the areal scenery. And nice SBRJ and SBSP sceneries are available with AES support.

The route is beautiful and approaches and landings are challenging. Especially the SBRJ rwy 02R approaches are fun. Updated charts can be found via google search. You'll need them:-). Also you can search youtube for tutorials which are a good help.

Runways are short so you'll also need to be aware of your takeoff and landing performance and limits.

Ok you said Europe... sorry. But give it a try.

Geneva Switzerland to Gibraltar and back again. With the excellent airport add on sceneries (from FSDT and Aerosoft respectively).

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

LIME is a pretty nice airport, and has Aerosoft Scenery for it. It's a Ryanair hub too, so it's NG-galore.

Aamir Thacker

try the famous or infamous "air bridge" between Rio de Janeiro´s and São Paulo´s regional airports (SBRJ and SBSP). 

Mega Rio and Mega SP are must-have sceneries, developed by a genius scebery designer called Paulo Ricardo. 

It´s a 40 minute flight with tons of work and very challenging approaches, especially SBRJ, where in the RW only captains with special training are allowed to land. Like I said before some years ago on this forum, watching from the jumpseat a 737-800 SFP land at night in SBRJ feels like trapping on a carrier deck. Flaps 40, autobrake max and don´t miss the zone!

PM me for charts, where to buy the scenery and for flighplans

LPPT to LEIB, LEPA, or LEMH using Aerosoft scenery.  With Ibiza, Palma De Mallorca and Menorca, you get the usual high quality Aerosoft airports AND entire scenery coverage of the islands.

For the shorter routes of about one hour, you can start from Aerosoft Mega Airport Madrid.  Barcelona is very nice but would make the trips too short.  Keep in mind that the "Mega Airport" series are very heavy on frames for the FSX versions. 

I'll tell you an interesting flight. Try NZWN to NZQN. NZQN is an RNP approach through mountainous terrain. Can be challenging and/or fun. Look up nzqn rnp-y rwy 23