Hi everybody im new to avsim, the main reason I created this account was to ask this question.....I have a windows 8 dell computer with an i5 and the stock graphics card but that's not the problem because I run fsx perfectly....but I have this weird problem with sp2 that I don't have with sp1. I seem to get better frame rates and no stutters in sp1, but most addons if not all are optimized for sp2 so theres really know other way for me. the main difference is when I put the frame limit to 100, sp1 works perfectly but sp2 theres lag and tear when I pan around the aircraft its so annoying seriously I just don't get it I cant play like that. I definetly know sp2 is causing it no doubt but I just don't know how? if it were for me i'd stay in sp1 but I need sp2 for the addons...if anybody has any ideas, could it be windows 8? please let me know so I can sell my computer and get a vista instead please this is life or death

I've never heard of a frame rate limit of 100.  It should be unlimited.  In the fsx.cfg that would be shown as

[Display]

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

If you are showing this parameter as 100 instead of 0 then that could be causing a problem. Unfortunately, I cannot test this theory. Make sure your fsx.cfg is set up using the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide. Those settings work for most. There are no tweaks in the guide. You can try tweaks listed in the guide if you want but we do not recommend it.

I have a windows 8 dell computer with an i5 and the stock graphics card but that's not the problem because I run fsx perfectly....

This comment does not make sense considering you state afterwards you are getting lags and tears when running fsx with SP2. If you have no problems running fsx with SP1, you should have no problems with SP2. Make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 w/SP1. That was suppose to be used for SP2 but Microsoft forgot to include it with the installer - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667. Microsoft Visuals are used by developers to make sure their product was installed properly. Microsoft.net framework packages are also installed and, for FSX, you need to have at least Microsoft.net packages 2.0 through the latest installed. I would also install the Microsoft.net package 1.1 which was installed when you installed FSX. Microsoft Visuals and Microsoft.net packages are not backward compatible so you need them all. There is a verification tool to make sure you have the versions properly installed - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx. You need versions 1.1, 2.0, and 3.5.1. Microsoft.net packages are used by developers to make sure your products runs properly and as intended, including memory management of the product. You can get more information about dotnet packages and Microsoft Visuals in the AVSIM CTD Guide. Both AVSIM Guides can be found to the right of this forum under Hot Spots.

Hope this helps. Welcome to AVSIM!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to reply. I actually got the gold edition i thought everything was included in that? I thought that At the beginning of the installation it install all the microsoft visual stuff that your talking about? But im gona install all of them and see if that does anything. And yeah i meant unlimted frame rates not 100

I've never heard of a frame rate limit of 100. It should be unlimited. In the fsx.cfg that would be shown as

[Display]

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

If you are showing this parameter as 100 instead of 0 then that could be causing a problem. Unfortunately, I cannot test this theory. Make sure your fsx.cfg is set up using the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide. Those settings work for most. There are no tweaks in the guide. You can try tweaks listed in the guide if you want but we do not recommend it.

This comment does not make sense considering you state afterwards you are getting lags and tears when running fsx with SP2. If you have no problems running fsx with SP1, you should have no problems with SP2. Make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 w/SP1. That was suppose to be used for SP2 but Microsoft forgot to include it with the installer - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667. Microsoft Visuals are used by developers to make sure their product was installed properly. Microsoft.net framework packages are also installed and, for FSX, you need to have at least Microsoft.net packages 2.0 through the latest installed. I would also install the Microsoft.net package 1.1 which was installed when you installed FSX. Microsoft Visuals and Microsoft.net packages are not backward compatible so you need them all. There is a verification tool to make sure you have the versions properly installed - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx. You need versions 1.1, 2.0, and 3.5.1. Microsoft.net packages are used by developers to make sure your products runs properly and as intended, including memory management of the product. You can get more information about dotnet packages and Microsoft Visuals in the AVSIM CTD Guide. Both AVSIM Guides can be found to the right of this forum under Hot Spots.

Hope this helps. Welcome to AVSIM!

Best regards,

Well, if you have FSX Gold, that includes Acceleration. Acceleration will install SP1. Acceleration IS SP2 only SP2 is the freeware version without the scenery and aircraft and adventures. You cannot install SP2 on top of Acceleration. Nasty things will happen as SP2 was coded differently. If you installed SP2, then you need to uninstall it immediately and/or reinstall/repair FSX Gold.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10