Sign in to follow this  
hugopilot

Making A350 for FSX

Questions about the A350x Progress  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Should i start the project

I gonna make the Airbus A350x for FSX.

First , are you agree to start the project?

Answer at the pool

• Upvote 1

I think you should make a go for it, but as others have said it will take months and even years of experience to get things right... And most people give up in a very short time.

Before beginning, you must aks yourself whether you will really be able to devote the thousands of hours of frustration to create an addon? And if you accept the huge challenge, then congratulations for finishing the Airbus 350.

Maybe during learning curve, you could try to model something simpler like an AI model just to get the basic modelling skills before starting complex work as I doubt you'll want to use your early 3d models for the release when you have more knowlegde about develping.

First , are you agree to start the project?

If you have to ask you're doing it for the wrong reason.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Just a thought: A rather large company in this business has stated various times now that it's pointless to develop an A350 simulation that claims to be up to PMDG standards at present (which I assume you're attempting after reading the other thread you started about this project). They bring up two reasons specifically (they can be summed up to one single thing, though): That plane is completely new, not even delivered to the first customers; this means that there is no documentation available for the systems, and there is hardly anyone who could provide feedback on the flight dynamics either.

I do not want to say you shouldn't start development for FSX, in fact I'd encourage you to do so, because that is what keeps the sim alive! However, I'd suggest you start out with something less compicated and better documented right now, to save you some disappointment. Also, I think - as Rolf has said very well already - if you need the community's opinion, your motivation might be questionable. And that may easily lead to disappointment for everyone involved again.

But in general, I'd really appreciate it if you start developing, I have high respect for anyone who is able to do those things!

Best regards,

I love ur enthusiasm ..but i find it kiddish..if u really want to do u don't even have to ask people if u should do it or not..tell people once u r through 50% of ur project and u have things to show..That will make people look up to you..I would really love to see you doing it ..like walking the talk and not talking the talk..

And the question on everyone's lips is " Will it have wingflex ? " ( and no I am not asking this , it is a rhetorical question ) .

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you are asking the most basic of questions - in your " other " topic - while attempting to make an aircraft model which isn't even in service yet !

It's not as though it's something you can " knock out " in a couple of weeks ( just look at the forums concerning " other " developers work on existing Airbusses that are in commercial service ) .

Good luck with your project , though I wont be holding my breath waiting for the release .

John

you'll may be disappointed. but if you feel like doing it, do it man. maybe pmdg hires you at the end.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

my program:

Step 1: getting the required software
Step 2: try to get blueprints of the A350 by Airbus and explore interior + cockpit

Step 3: making the model
Step 4: making the interior model (Cockpit, VC and cabin)
Step 5: Program the cockpit and Virtual Cockpit
Step 6: make a install program
Step 7: Create a license database (for the purchases)
Step 8: Create a BETA team and let them test the A350
Step 9: Make the last edits
Step 10: Publish the A350

Green: Completed

Orange: Pending

Red: Waiting until other tasks are completed

That plane is completely new, not even delivered to the first customers; this means that there is no documentation available for the systems, and there is hardly anyone who could provide feedback on the flight dynamics either.

Here are some links that helped me:

www.airbus.com

www.a350xwb.com

Here are some links that helped me:

www.airbus.com

www.a350xwb.com

Hows the modelling going so far?

It is going well, i just bought Autodesk 3ds max and created a cylinder with some shapes for now on.

I have been modeling planes for many years. I'm going to offer you the same advice I give every prospective modeler.

Don't try something like an A350 for a first project. You will never finish it for more reasons than I have time to list. Pick a single-engine GA type, preferably fixed-gear with a basic panel that has plenty of reference material available and try modeling that. Learn how to create parts, do animations (and create custom ones), texture mapping, and all of the other factors that come together to be a finished plane. If you finish it move on to something with a bit more complexity working your way up to the A350.

If you have not already visited this site I would say it is currently the best resource of modeling information out there...http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/

I would try to do a simple single prop plane, like a default C172, just for starters. It could take a week or two, but you will then have a good picture what does it take to make a simple aircraft in FSX, what are your abilities, etc. If you create a quality simple aircraft, you could sell it via sim online shop, and then gather the info for A350. But as other stated, A350 is such a comprehensive project, even Aerosoft team was barely coping with theirs A32x, its systems, displays, etc. You see, Aerosoft released bunch of updates after release to fix lots of bugs, and they have a experienced team. Think about it.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Well i got a lot of experience of modeling in SolidWorks (Little bit different of 3ds max) so i think i can do it. But even this will be my 3th aircraft i made for FSX.