Sign in to follow this  
hugopilot

Making A350 for FSX

Questions about the A350x Progress  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Should i start the project

Can we see the first two, if they are not a secret? :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

you can, they are not secret! :lol:  i didn't published on internet, so this project is not only the first plane that i gonna sell, but to the first i gonna publish :rolleyes:  

but now a updat from the exterior:

The fuselage is done i gonna start with the wings

Finally, my exterior model is done!

Step 1: getting the required software
Step 2: try to get blueprints of the A350 by Airbus and explore interior + cockpit

Step 3: making the model
Step 4: making the interior model (Cockpit, VC and cabin)
Step 5: Program the cockpit and Virtual Cockpit
Step 6: make a install program
Step 7: Create a license database (for the purchases)
Step 8: Create a BETA team and let them test the A350
Step 9: Make the last edits
Step 10: Publish the A350

Green: Completed

Orange: Pending

Red: Waiting until other tasks are completed

Just a thought: A rather large company in this business has stated various times now that it's pointless to develop an A350 simulation that claims to be up to PMDG standards at present (which I assume you're attempting after reading the other thread you started about this project). They bring up two reasons specifically (they can be summed up to one single thing, though): That plane is completely new, not even delivered to the first customers; this means that there is no documentation available for the systems, and there is hardly anyone who could provide feedback on the flight dynamics either.

I do not want to say you shouldn't start development for FSX, in fact I'd encourage you to do so, because that is what keeps the sim alive! However, I'd suggest you start out with something less compicated and better documented right now, to save you some disappointment. Also, I think - as Rolf has said very well already - if you need the community's opinion, your motivation might be questionable. And that may easily lead to disappointment for everyone involved again.

But in general, I'd really appreciate it if you start developing, I have high respect for anyone who is able to do those things!

Best regards,

I agree, learn to walk first, then run. 

But even this will be my 3th aircraft i made for FSX.  

you can, they are not secret! :lol:  i didn't published on internet, so this project is not only the first plane that i gonna sell, but to the first i gonna publish :rolleyes:

You say the A350 will be your third aircraft, but the first one you will publish. Why are you working on your third aircraft first?

You also said that the other two aircraft aren't secret, yet you never answered the question of what they are.

Finally, my exterior model is done!

Can we see screenshots of your model? I'm sure it would excite many to see what you've done!

Brandon Filer

A update of de list (Sound added)

Step 1: getting the required software
Step 2: try to get blueprints of the A350 by Airbus and explore interior + cockpit

Step 3: making the model
Step 4: making the interior model (Cockpit, VC and cabin)
Step 5: Program the cockpit and Virtual Cockpit

Step 6: Create Sound
Step 7: make a install program
Step 8: Create a license database (for the purchases)
Step 9: Create a BETA team and let them test the A350
Step 10: Make the last edits
Step 11: Publish the A350

Green: Completed

Orange: Pending

Red: Waiting until other tasks are completed

Here are the screenshots for the a350! :lol:

10628929_558183014304498_535789280803957

Um, if you plan to "sell" your project, know that you will need to license the full version of Max, as models created with the Student Version cannot be sold.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Um, if you plan to "sell" your project, know that you will need to license the full version of Max, as models created with the Student Version cannot be sold.

:LMAO: bummer

Yes, student version is used for non-commercial stuff.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Rather good catch. Makes this stand out as a bit odd:

It is going well, i just bought Autodesk 3ds max and created a cylinder with some shapes for now on.

I thought the student license was only available for free?

Brandon Filer

I doubt they will know if it was created by student version/pro version whatever as I bet many of the payware developers in the FS industry are using non commercial software for commercial purposes and/or maybe even pirating tools. Who knows?

However, A350 looks good but I the hardest part of all will be programming as this is where you really need the expertise. Considering the time and resources to create this these last steps "Step 7: make a install program
Step 11: Publish the A350"  
are really nothing and a breeze.

P.S I'm not sure about the whole idea about making your very first (serious?) project payware as it really has to be of very high quality and as bugless as possible.

However, A350 looks good but I the hardest part of all will be programming as this is where you really need the expertise. Considering the time and resources to create this these last steps "Step 7: make a install program
Step 11: Publish the A350"
are really nothing and a breeze.

Well, Step 7 and 8 can be a bit difficult. But 9, 10 and 11 are simple as you say

For everybody, making the VC is difficult, but i am still trying

I doubt they will know if it was created by student version/pro version whatever as I bet many of the payware developers in the FS industry are using non commercial software for commercial purposes and/or maybe even pirating tools. Who knows?

Do ya think? That is a pretty bold statement to make without anything to back it up.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png