Sign in to follow this  
Nikdunaev

What if a passenger asks to see the flight papers?

your lack of actual knowledge is showing, get a job and some experience and come back.

at my airline we sometimes will SITA the flight plan to the handler at a station for various operational reasons, ie, the crew may of reporting for egkk-egph-egkk-lebl-egkk and we then change the last 2 sectors to a lepa/

at reporting for the flight the crew will get 4 plogs but the 2 sectors have changed, so we will sita the new plogs to the handler.  we keep the original in the office, we even at some point just acars or sita the route string and the total fuel required, the enroute alternate and the destination alternates

in that case the 2 drivers dont even get a flightplan as such, rare but it happens.

Sometimes it really does annoy me simmers think they know everything due to owning a copy of game.

You know nothing about me as I'm not that proud to write my qualifications in the signature.

That's great your company sometimes fail to deliver flight documentation to pilots.  :wacko: And you tell me to get some experience?  :lol:

Please tell me what's the airline, to be able to avoid it next time I travel.

Sometimes it really does annoy me how employees of some airline think their way of doing things is the only and the best way. "No one else knows better" attitude is just great.  Additionally, sometimes, it really annoys me how every person involved in any rw operations (catering contracting chef for example) consider himself as a master race.

Hello

I understand that it would be quite an unusual situation and such thing is very unlikely to happen, but what do you think will happen should a passenger ask somebody of the crew to see some of the usual standard flight papers like the load manifest and such other things?

I can not think of a good reason for a usual passenger to ask for that, maybe of pure personal interest, as you guess, this guy would likely be a great sim and aviation fan...

What do you think of such a situation?

Thank you!

Just say, "Papers?  We don't need no steenkeen' papers!".  :wink:

Bill Alderson

I don't know.

A few years back I was given a BA full flight plan at the end of the flight, plus the map.

Hello

I understand that it would be quite an unusual situation and such thing is very unlikely to happen, but what do you think will happen should a passenger ask somebody of the crew to see some of the usual standard flight papers like the load manifest and such other things?

I can not think of a good reason for a usual passenger to ask for that, maybe of pure personal interest, as you guess, this guy would likely be a great sim and aviation fan...

What do you think of such a situation?

Thank you!

I am not a pilot and even if I was, in this era, I would not ask for any such thing.  I expect such a request might get you a private interview with some security people.  If you want to know about the flight route, altitudes and speeds, all you need is the flight number, then look up that flight on Flightaware.com.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

You know nothing about me as I'm not that proud to write my qualifications in the signature.

That's great your company sometimes fail to deliver flight documentation to pilots.  :wacko: And you tell me to get some experience?  :lol:

Please tell me what's the airline, to be able to avoid it next time I travel.

Sometimes it really does annoy me how employees of some airline think their way of doing things is the only and the best way. "No one else knows better" attitude is just great.  Additionally, sometimes, it really annoys me how every person involved in any rw operations (catering contracting chef for example) consider himself as a master race.

Just think orange...  :wink:

Too bad dispatch modelling ain't available yet for pmdg f@nb0yz!

Scenario 1. A random yayhoo from the pax cabin says to the cabin crew; " tell the captain I want to see the paperwork"... eeeeh, let me think about that for a minute... Denied!

Scenario 2. An aviation enthusiast/flightsimmer/private pilot etc has a visit on the flight deck, and in the process of talking aviation with the crew, they show him some of the paperwork involved. 

It all boils down to what kind of impression you give to the captain. Not like the OFP is top secret material.

Scenario 2. An aviation enthusiast/flightsimmer/private pilot etc has a visit on the flight deck, and in the process of talking aviation with the crew, they show him some of the paperwork involved.

The likelihood of getting a flight desk visit most unlikely (f not impossible) these days.

The likelihood of getting a flight desk visit most unlikely (f not impossible) these days.

Maybe where you live. Not here

Maybe where you live. Not here

Where is that - I'd like to avoid flights there?

Oh.. you're one of those concerned people? Don't worry it's civilized and everything. Actually rated one of the best countries in the world to live in. 

You better not fly at all, nearly all airlines around the world do allow pilots to take a pax for a quick visit at the gate before / after the flight if they aren't busy. 

At least pretty much everywhere outside the US it's totally acceptable. 

Oh.. you're one of those concerned people? Don't worry it's civilized and everything. Actually rated one of the best countries in the world to live in. 

It's nice and civilised but doesn't care about terrorists - Anders Behring Breivik?

It's nice and civilised but doesn't care about terrorists - Anders Behring Breivik?

Where are you from then, the US? Last time I checked despite all the paranoia the country is full of school shootings and other such nasty stuff. 

Breivik case was totally unique, something seen never before in Norway's history. Same can't be said about similar events in the US. 

Very true, Norway will remain a little heaven!

Last time I've checked for US safety recommendations on my local foreign affairs advice to travelers, there were more pages than for any other country (war zones included... True!)

Anyway, having a look at the OFP is no big deal.

Then, asking for Crew manifest, Pax Info. List and cargo/dangerous goods form etc, better I don't elaborate on that.

I don't spread my paranoia Mr. Care Bears, I just guess I get paid for being wrong!