Sign in to follow this  
Nikdunaev

What if a passenger asks to see the flight papers?

It's nice and civilised but doesn't care about terrorists - Anders Behring Breivik?

I am sorry. Didn't realize I was talking to a 3 year old. 

I am sorry. Didn't realize I was talking to a 3 year old. 

That's a response that shows that you've lost the argument.

Am I wrong but didn't  Anders Behring Breivik cause an  explosion in Oslo which led to the death of  8 people and injured at least 209 people. He then went on a summer school where he killed  69 students    and injuring at least 110.

Killing 87 prople is enough don't you think - even for a one-off as some suggest. The Norwegian authorities concluded that more security and emergency measures to prevent further attacks and mitigate adverse effects should and  have been implemented. Do you really they shouldn't have take any precautions?

That's a response that shows that you've lost the argument.

Am I wrong but didn't  Anders Behring Breivik cause an  explosion in Oslo which led to the death of  8 people and injured at least 209 people. He then went on a summer school where he killed  69 students    and injuring at least 110.

Killing 87 prople is enough don't you think - even for a one-off as some suggest. The Norwegian authorities concluded that more security and emergency measures to prevent further attacks and mitigate adverse effects should and  have been implemented. Do you really they shouldn't have take any precautions?

and not related to aviation at all

and not related to aviation at all

Related to a previous poster who said his hopme country was "...it's civilized and everything."

It's also to  relevent to protecting the rest of us from terrorists - including those who make up plausible reasons to get in an arliner's cockpit

Don't be so ignorant about the world like many people in the US. The case of Anders Behring Breivik is completely insignificant to the world of aviation as he wasn't a terrorist. More like, a sort of murderer because he pushed his political agenda by trying to cause attention by killing children attending a certain political event? I'm not sure, our local news were not very clear about what happened. Anyway, Breivik was a against immigration. Not revenging against amerika for his bombed down country as Norway actually offers one of the best qualities of life in the world.

In most countries of Europe you're given a visit to the flightdeck. Even on some local flights in my home country if you asked nicely enough, you might be given a visit even during flight! However, I'm not going to name any airlines as who know what certain people online will try to contact.

Related to a previous poster who said his hopme country was "...it's civilized and everything."

It's also to  relevent to protecting the rest of us from terrorists - including those who make up plausible reasons to get in an arliner's cockpit

That is so out of line. 

@Naif: Nice clues from both TurboTomato and you  :lol: I saw bird of that kind today at airport, I wonder if they had any documentation in cockpit.  :lol:

Nah, you are simply being paranoid and irrational. There's no threat whatsoever caused by letting people take a look into cockpit before/after the flight when engines are off & the airplane is still at the gate. 

There's no way anyone could just overcome the entire cockpit & cabin crew, start the engines & take off without anyone blocking the aircraft. 

Only a dumb terrorist would even attempt hijacking an aircraft these days. 

:rolleyes:

Here is a picture of my very good friend Pia on the flight deck of an Airbus dressed as a shark. Her work mates dared her to do it and she asked the crew and they were happy to oblige. Amazing what can happen when you just ask, even dressed as a shark.

Pia.jpg

Gerry if you want to live your life under a rock in fear of Terror then go ahead....

Matthew Kane

Gerry if you want to live your life under a rock in fear of Terror then go ahead....

1+

That is a nice picture! :)

Thanks, yes my friend Pia is awesome. It was a flight from Wellington to Auckland with Jetstar and she was going to a company party so her colleagues dared her to wear her costume on the flight....so she did. Here are some more from her journey:

Checking in:

Pia2.jpg

At her seat:

Pia3.jpg

Very awesome crew (they loved her):

Pia4.jpg

So I guess the moral of the story is why not ask the crew if you can see flight papers or the flight deck...if they can let a shark up there then their is hope for you too.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Thanks, yes my friend Pia is awesome. It was a flight from Wellington to Auckland with Jetstar and she was going to a company party so her colleagues dared her to wear her costume on the flight....so she did. Here are some more from her journey:

So I guess the moral of the story is why not ask the crew if you can see flight papers or the flight deck...if they can let a shark up there then their is hope for you too.

Cheers

I agree. In fact, not just for "flight papers", but for everything. If you don't ask, you'll never even get a chance to succeed. And send my regards to your friend, she is very brave and self confident.

In the US you can ask to visit the cockpit on the ground no problem, plane can't go anywhere while it's chocked and hooked up to all sorts of equipment and papers like dispatch sheets and whatnot are not secret in fact they are often tossed in a bag on the galley floor for the cleaners to throw away. 

Too bad dispatch modelling ain't available yet for pmdg f@nb0yz!

Look up PFPX, close as you can get.

In the US you can ask to visit the cockpit on the ground no problem, plane can't go anywhere while it's chocked and hooked up to all sorts of equipment and papers like dispatch sheets and whatnot are not secret in fact they are often tossed in a bag on the galley floor for the cleaners to throw away. 

Look up PFPX, close as you can get.

I guess it depends on airlines. Some keep all of the heavy cargo sheets bag in the cabin so ground dispatch can pick it up asap during depax, some keep the library and all ship's manifest in a locked stowage.

Crew & Pax 'manifest' are NOT available to the public. Apart from NOC, some airport Ops  (i.e airline, customs) or law enforcement agencies, it won't be available, and why would it be??? Could someone book a hotel room and ask the lobby or management for all of the residents information, staff id etc ?... Frankly, what for... ???

Oh sorry, regarding dispatch I meant a simulation of interactions, ACARS msgs like "Yeah that wx cell looks tricky, good we agreed on those extra tons" or the usual sports results, company gossip and b|tchin';) That would be fun!

Agree, PFPX is a powerful software, particulary the multi-schedule capabilities. These tools nowadays available to simmers are greatly educational. On the other side it can also mean a too well polished and boring simulation. I mean, Open PFPX, choose your route/options carefully and that's it, it's then pushed to TOPCAT, to your highly automated a/c (Pmdg uplink). You just need to double check data, it's a 30 mins story and here we go, LNAV/VNAV... Unfortunately galley gossip is not available on the pc. That's why I meant a dispatch interaction simulation (ACARS, why not) would be fun, but still, would virtual airlines on Vatsim or Ivao would provide such a service?