Sign in to follow this  
cvearl

A real General Aviation App for Android now available!

Yep, $75/year for the standard package.  The biggest obvious difference between that and the pro subscription is that the pro approach plates are geo-referenced while in the standard version approach plates are not, only enroute IFR high, IFR low and sectionals are.  Note that SIDs and STARs are not geo-referenced in either package, but that's because they're not drawn to scale.

Scott

Yep, $75/year for the standard package.  The biggest obvious difference between that and the pro subscription is that the pro approach plates are geo-referenced while in the standard version approach plates are not, only enroute IFR high, IFR low and sectionals are.  Note that SIDs and STARs are not geo-referenced in either package, but that's because they're not drawn to scale.

Scott

Scott... Do they have FAA sectional overlays as well instead of the IFR Low and Hi?

C.

Charles - yes, you can overlay approach plates on IFR high, low or the VFR sectional views.

Scott

Here's a screen capture from the iPad showing last night's flight from PAEN to PAJN which terminated in the RNAV (GPS) V RWY 8 approach.  I have the approach plate and radar overlays turned on.  Note, I made the capture this evening not last night, so you see the charts after the flight is done and FSX is not running so you don't see a geo-referenced location.  I've made the approach plate slightly transparent (this is fully adjustable) so you can see how well the approach plate matches the sectional it overlays.

Scott

foreflight.jpg

That's really neat. I don't have Geo referenced approach plates as I did not subscribe for that feature. However, I will take a few shots from Naviator for my Andriod brethren. If you pay Seattle Avionics a subscription, when you pull up a plate your plane is superimposed over it.

NV27I.jpg
qFIsV.jpg
nu5pQ.jpg
I0POY.jpg