Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Whats a RAT?

Title says it. On the LDS, there is a RAT, i played around and hit it, not a little fan thingy is deployed from the bottom of the aircraft.. what is it? how do i retract it?:-wave

Hi,I assume you reload the plane - they are usually retracted by maintenance personnel. Or try hitting the button again?RAT = Ram Air Turbine. They are used to provide electrical (and sometimes hydraulic) power when the normal systems fail. It was used by the Gimli Glider 767 when both engines shut down due to lack of fuel, for example.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Paul Heaney

There's a RAT at work, that likes to tattle on everybody, to make himself look good. :)

RTFM. Page 131.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest BobLee

Brilliant reply. Fits right in with your sig. Why don't you try to help the guy instead of belittling him. A simple pointout to the page without the crude RTFM would have been fine.

If you had seen the amount of useless support questions asked just because people are too lazy to read the manual, then you'd have reacted just the same.

Actually, it's just fine the way it is. The forums are flooded with posts from people who are just too lazy to RTFM. I'm not prone to helping anyone when it's obvious they haven't taken the time to do a little homework before pleading for someone else to do it for them. At least I included the page number to make the effort a little less painful.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest BobLee

I've seen as many or more questions asked as you have and as many impolite answers given by know-it-alls. If you want to drive people away from the hobby go right ahead. It would have been just as easy to say, "the answer is on page 131" rather than saying "read the f***** manual." But, I guess, it makes one feel superior.

Guest BobLee

Then why answer at all?

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello,Seems like Tom Gibson answered his/her question before your RTFM remark so why bother to post at all, guess it makes you feel like a big man.Mike

I gotta tell you MIke, over the years I've probably answered as many dumb questions in a helpful manner in these forums as anyone. But the situation with the LDS 767 is beyond anything I can remember. People buy the most complex aircraft ever designed for this hobby and then expect someone else to do all the grunt work for them simply because they are too lazy to do a little reading. You can tolerate it as you choose but don't ask me to do so. I will not be an enabler for the lazy. If these folks aren't ready for the answer they shouldn't ask the question in the first place.Doug

Guest Rockcliffe

Personally, I think "RTFM" is just part of the lexicon of FS. I might feel a little sheepish if I got that response, but I wouldn't take offence.BlairCYOW

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello,How do you know that this question was asked because this person did not read the manual, it could of been he/she did not understand the explanation given in the manual. If the person did not understand the explanation given in the manual they can RTFM all day long and it still won't help them. There are two problems with your response1. You assume they are lazy2. You assume they did not read the manualWhen all that may be needed in regards to the RAT is clarification. Its no wonder to me why people are hesitant to ask for help anymore now-a-days, its seems this plase is loaded with people who have nothing better to do than pounce on someone when they ask a question.How many languages is the LDS767 manual written in?Is the manual written in his/her native language?.If not, how do you expect him/her to RTFM?Mike

wouldnt it of just been easier to shut up if you werent going to help me? Simple question. I didnt feel the need to read 177 pages of nothing. I had a simple question that i thought could be answered quickly here.