Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Whats a RAT?

i wonder what kind of responses would of been recieved if i would of said "me speaka no englisha" What do you think mike?:-waveSincerely,An idiot who like to post threads for help instead of reading a manual.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there. I'm with you, Chase, on this. I'm always asking dumb qwestions and I have serious trouble reading the manuals, which I know are there for our benefit but still... In fact unless you print it all off you couldn't see it as you flew and how could you remember about the RAT on page 177 or wherever it was if you're trying to sort out the rest of it. Tom Gibson's site (www.calclassic.com) is full of information about flying and well worth many visits and a great contrast to the rtfm response.Andy.

Guest LLgaz

The RAT (Ram Air Turbine) is fully explained in the manual and is a rather neat little feature which was also present in the original PIC767. I don't think any other addon has implemented that. Doug does have a point about the manual though. The way the manual is written its a bit difficult to believe that someone read through the manual and didn't see, or couldn't understand anything whatsoever about what the RAT is. In any event, once deployed, you cannot stow the RAT until you land and ask the ground crew to stow it through the PIC menus. You don't have to reload the aircraft.

Chase wrote: "I didnt feel the need to read 177 pages of nothing". Exactly my point Chase. (BTW, you didn't need to read the entire manual. The reference to the RAT is listed on page five of the index.)Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Assume Mike? See his post below. To quote, in part "I didnt feel the need to read 177 pages of nothing". And from the signature "An idiot who like to post threads for help instead of reading a manual."Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

>Hello,>>How do you know that this question was asked because this>person did not read the manual, it could of been he/she did>not understand the explanation given in the manual. Wording the question in that way would help indicating that. What's after all the point in not mentioning it when you risk getting the advice to read what you already read but didn't understand?

>pardon me sir, are you implying the fact that i am lazy?You bet your #### on it!

>The RAT (Ram Air Turbine) is fully explained in the manual>and is a rather neat little feature which was also present in>the original PIC767. I don't think any other addon has>implemented that. >Actually, the KOCH Media Concorde has a RAT implemented as well.As far as being too lazy to read the manual, one should expect to get a does of RTFM if they admit it. I've been known to post the phrase from time to time but a bit of responsibility on the end user is expected with such an add on and if they do their homework, it would eliminate(reduce) what some deem as RTFM questions.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

It's a little rodent that must have gotten loose on the aircraft, might try setting a few traps... :-lolSorry, just had to post that... :( The above post from Tom Gibson is absolutely correct.. :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE