Sign in to follow this  
Zlip

Bleed air, electrical, engine issue

Hi evreyone !

Just wanna fly from KMIA to CYUL and a bug appeared.

I started the 777 normaly, time to taxi and wow ! The plane goes to the left. Checked N1: when I applied throttle, the right engine increase normaly but the left one stay on low N1. in fact, even in full thrust it didn't moved (same things with the reverse). I tried some stuff (tought it was my fault due to a malfunction or something else) but it didn't worked. It apparead alternatively on the left or the right engine (but most on the left, even If I start the left first).

Restart the flight, same things... Restart, with/without APU or external power, tried to started the left first, the right first... Nothing. So, tried a repair from the .exe: nothing...

But, i noticed something. Airplane ready to start engine, the APU provide bleed air normaly but, once the start up sequence is over, the engine isn't supply anymore:

76814553P1.jpg

Second thing, the R GEN CTRL didn't worked too (or the L GEN CTRL):

94472814P2.jpg

But, i noticed something. Airplane ready to start engine, the APU provide bleed air normaly but, once the start up sequence is over, the engine isn't supply anymore:

Wait for another minute and it'll kick in.  Things take time to kick in.  Patience.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah ! As usual, I'm waiting some minutes but here, nothing... I'll try again and waiting more time.

@Admin: sorry for the multi topic, I had 502 error each time I clicked "send". :/

I remember reading this issue is caused by a hardware problem.  something to do with fsuipc and throttle calibration.  Will do a search for you, trying having a search yourself.

edit - What throttle hardware are you using? check to see if you have anything assigned to the throttle Axis in fsuipc, also check if you have Throttle Axis Calibrations in fsuipc.

Lots of topics on this issue, unfortunately I cant seem to copy and paste on my phone.

Regards

Rob Prest

Thank's Flex !

Anyway, problem solved ! 

I applied the Scandinavian13 advice: patience. Unfortunatly after waiting 15 minutes, the problem wasn't solved.

So I decided to "clear service maintenance" like brand new aircraft. Even if there were no "problem", it seems worked...

Thank's both of you for you're quick response !

Have fun !  

Delete your fsuipc config and try again.

That would've been my next suggestion, but it seems he fixed it by clearing some failures.

Kyle Rodgers

Delete your fsuipc config and try again.

I keep that on my mind ! :-)

Yea, it's a weird one. I'm not sure why clearing failures when there are none fixed it :huh: But deleting fsuipc might fix it if it comes back again.

Yea, it's a weird one. I'm not sure why clearing failures when there are none fixed it

I don't recall him saying there weren't any.

Kyle Rodgers

I don't recall him saying there weren't any.

He said

Even if there were no "problem", it seems worked...

when he cleared the failures, so it didn't look like an internal error to me. Shrug.  :mellow:

when he cleared the failures, so it didn't look like an internal error to me. Shrug. 

I took that to mean that he just never checked if there were any failures.  I can see how you took it, though.

Kyle Rodgers

After the first start, I immediately checked if there were any failure. There were not one.

After the first start, I immediately checked if there were any failure. There were not one.

I had a similar thing happen to me last week with the NGX. After landing I couldn't get the APU to start. I checked the failure menu and there were no failures indicated. The next time I loaded the NGX and again I couldn't start the APU. I connected the ground air start unit and started engine 2 and then did a cross bleed start for engine 1 and of I went. On arrival I couldn't start the APU so when at the gate I connected ground power. Once again I checked the failure menu and particularly the APU failures and there was no failures shown. I decided I had nothing to lose and cleared failures. I then successfully started the APU! Same type of problem just a different plane.

Glad someone else had a similar issue ! lol. A minor bug finally... But a bit weird.