Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

INTC in the middle of my SID?

Just made a flight plan from ksan to klas. Went off the Flightaware route. Selected departing from runway 27 and the pebble4 departure. The sid draw up on the screen with a 360 circle in the flight path. It was labeled INTC. I am not sure why this happened? I ended up replacing the two INTC's with waypoint Meldy. I also selected the SXC transition just like on Flightaware.

SID: http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1407/00373PEBLE.PDF

Flightaware: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA4413/history/20140708/2220Z/KSAN/KLAS

2E659572-AC42-4BBA-BF35-F1053BF9C717.jpg

It was labeled INTC. I am not sure why this happened?

Read the chart and you'll begin to understand why.  If you're going to fly a charted procedure always read that procedure (to include the textual description).

The chart states:

Climbing right turn via heading 290° until crossing OCN VORTAC R-170, then turn right heading 315° to intercept MZB VORTAC R-29.

The two INTC points are not named fixes at all; rather, they're pseudo-points that the FMC has calculated for where it will begin the turn to 290, and then turn to 315 after crossing the OCN 170 radial.

100% normal.

Also:

Pro Tip: The 'V' key automatically takes a screenshot.  Win7 also includes a tool called the Snipping Tool that works even better.  Much better than taking a shot with a phone.  

Kyle Rodgers

Okay thanks! Yeah I was just practicing on my laptop that wasn't connected to the internet.

Okay thanks! Yeah I was just practicing on my laptop that wasn't connected to the internet.

Welcome.  Not sure how I missed the giant circle it was making right before the first INTC point, but that is kinda normal and not normal.  My bet is that it would've figured it out if you had left it alone.  The real plane will draw a line like that in certain cases, as Matt pointed out in the other thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/445935-just-want-to-double-check-this-routefinder-route/#entry3025232

Kyle Rodgers

So just arm vnav only. And use the heading select till I get past the 2nd puesdo waypoint then arm lnav at Meldy?

So just arm vnav only. And use the heading select till I get past the 2nd puesdo waypoint then arm lnav at Meldy?

If it doesn't sort itself out, yeah.  My bet is that, once you started moving, or getting closer to it, it would've straightened out.

Kyle Rodgers

The SID is coded wrong. It should be a 315 heading to intercept. The 305 heading is causing the intercept to occur AFTER the point, hence the whifferdill.

Matt Cee

The SID is coded wrong. It should be a 315 heading to intercept. The 305 heading is causing the intercept to occur AFTER the point, hence the whifferdill.

Bam! Nice spot!  Didn't even notice!

Kyle Rodgers

ALWAYS back up SIDs or STARs with raw data (VOR's, DME's etc.) if possible. In this case you could either take off and see if it sorts itself out or continue manually or in heading select + VS or LVL CHG. 

I

Ended up taking off with lnav and vnav. And right before the circle I switched to heading select.

And right before the circle I switched to heading select.

Maybe you are using an outdated AIRAC Cycle. If you are using the one that came with the NGX, I believe that one is from 2013. Using the current AIRAC Cycle from Navigraph the various headings were correct and I received no large circle or wifferdill on the ND display. Used both LNAV and VNAV all the way. No switching to heading select. Get the current cycle from Navigraph.

Maybe you are using an outdated AIRAC Cycle. If you are using the one that came with the NGX, I believe that one is from 2013. Using the current AIRAC Cycle from Navigraph the various headings were correct and I received no large circle or wifferdill on the ND display. Used both LNAV and VNAV all the way. No switching to heading select. Get the current cycle from Navigraph.

The NGX default cycle is August 2011. The 777's is September 2013.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi, everyone,

I don't suppose there is any way to tell exactly what the INTC entry is going to do, and compare the programmed behavior to the chart, without looking at the code in that airport's file in the PMDG>SIDSTARS folder?  I would like to be able to compare it the same way one can compare a normal FMC waypoint to the chart as to altitude, speed, etc.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

What's the website to buy the newest nav data? Just wanna make sure it's the website everyone on here is using. Thanks.