Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Look forward to this with your FeelThere ERJ

I bought the current version, and followed the FMS guide to the letter, for a simple flight from KCIC to KACV, and experienced the same nonsense as this other lucky person, direct from FT's forum:""I just downloaded the ERJ today and I was going through the tutorial flight from KLAX to KSFO. I programmed the identical flight plan in FS9, which by the way wasn't even close to what FS9 programmed; but who cares. When I went to select fs flight plan on the FMS it just plugged some flight plan in starting out with LL01, LL02, LL03, up to LL11. Another thing when I first turn on the FMS(which is running when I start) and go to initial POS and click on the button like the tutorial says to do then the load button and then go to flight plan, no initial pos is in the upper left side under origin. Like I said the ERJ and FMS are new to me so maybe I did something out of sequence???Any help or suggestion would be great thankseagledrvr -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Before you select the load FS flightplan please make sure there is a flightplan is loaded within FS.The second question; you don't need to POS INIT after the initial one.Vic-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LL style points appears when FS waypoints not matches DAFIF waypoint. But anyway you can fly this plan.Origin automatically inserted when system found airport reference point within 3 miles from plane. If not, you can enter it yourself. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks for the reply gentlemen, however the two things I did do were load a flight plan in FS9 prior to trying to select one through the FMS, and when I did try to type in the origan airport on the scratchpad and click the origan button it did not take it???? Still nothing, what am I missing???? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you import the FS FPL into the FMS you don't need to input the DEP airport, it's done by the FMS by POS INIT it using the airport as the reference.Vic -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks Vic,I finished a flight last night with no problems. It is just strange seeing LL01,03,05...and then LL09 as your destination. It really is a great airplane, it will just take some time getting used to the FMS. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you see that at your destination it's likely not in the nav database. In the new database we added the secondary airports too so very likely at least at the destination it will go away.Vic ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks vic,I went from KPHL to KORF and none of the airports or waypoints came up in the system. Most of the wtps were the usaual VORs and typical intsections. Do I need to download another set of nav data from somewhere in order to make the WPTs show up in the FMS??? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hmmm. I just flew a KLGA-KPHL flight a few moments ago to test something and KPHL was in the database.Vic"" This is a fine example of the excellent support from FeelThere. I wish I could Be There, and get my nearly $40 back for this stuttering piece of PirateWare. They politely point out you can't unload and sell your purchase:"By reselling on a CD is called act of piracy. Just for your information every single copy of our ERJ has it's own ID so it's easy to track back to it's original customer."Out of the 20 or so pieces of payware I have purchased for FS, I have been only dissatisfied to the point of wanting a refund only one other time. It was a MegaScenery product. They happily returned my money. For that, I would definitely reconsider a purchase again from Mega. In addition to this issue with the FMS function (and I have the current navdata installed), you can enjoy the fact that when you hit the fly button and the scenery loads, go off to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee--it will take that much time between when the 2D panel displays, and when the glass cockpit populates. Not so in any other product.Cheers,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

>>In addition to this issue with the FMS function (and I have the current navdata installed), you can enjoy the fact that when you hit the fly button and the scenery loads, go off to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee--it will take that much time between when the 2D panel displays, and when the glass cockpit populates.haha, does it take that long?

Guest bonjourmoi44

Noel:You seem to be a very malicious person. I don't know what color the sky is in your world but I hope I never see it. You have already posted this same information within another thread. Were you not happy enough that it was posted once so you must post again? Why not make this same posting at feelthere so they can respond for themselves instead of posting for the world to see here at avsim. You really know how to hit below the belt.If one takes a look at the history of their forum, it is obvious they try to help everyone (as long as the forum rules are not broken, e.g., choosing not to sign a post). Also, since you are quick to copy quotes, here are your other posts that you "forgot" to mention here:"Thanks Alex I'll give that a try....WIN 2000 Pro""I downloaded all the updates I could seems to be functioning properly so far thanks for your help Alex""Thanks for the quick reply, on another note is there any chance of FeelThere creating the E-170 in the near future????"No one else experienced your problem and instead of continuing conversations within their forum, you came here. Very tasteful Noel.I am not sure what your personal vendetta is, but maybe be gentlemen about your problems and present them at their forum or here if you do not make remarks that are cruel. Imagine if everyone who had a problem with a product posted such as you. This place would be miserable and intolerable. Have some respect for fellow FS users and developers.

Guest danowat

Huh?.Reading between the lines, I believe you are upset with the ERJ?, and cannot get a refund?.FMS functions fine here, and I am not sure about this "population" issue as I have never encountered anything like this, maybe its your system?.Dan.

Guest bigun

Got to agree, the ERJ works beautifully for me and from what I see, most other folks too. Before you go copying/pasting certain sections of your posts just to trash a fine developer with an outstanding track record for customer support, you might want to check your own system. Or maybe learn how to properly fly the ERJ.

I have noticed a small lag of about 1 second or less when switching views and returning to the 2D panel during which the guages repopulate. I think I saw a fix in the feelthere forum about changing "panel as Texture" setting; does anyone recognize this as being in the hardware setup fro FS? Mike

Guest jennifer

Nice reply bonjourmoi. This post is certainly a piece of 'maliceware' and possibly slanderous at that.

Guest Keyser Soze

Hmm, interesting... I have almost an identical system (P4 2.8GHz, 1GB RAM, 6800GT) and I don't experience any problem with the ERJ PIC. It is a very smooth and nice add-on. Didn't they send you a different product by mistake? And why do you post such topics here? I would think it should go to the feelThere forum...

You're right Dan. I would really like my $$ back, and think their policy sucks of reminding customers they are software pirates if they want to sell their software to someone else, after owning it for two days. I wish them the worst of business experience. May a plague of bad fortune fall upon them. There! My world is colored just fine, and I am a very very thankful person with a good sense of compassion, and appreciation for many things. And yes, I am ###### they won't give me my $$ back after owning this P_S for 48 hours, and agreeing to forever remove it. I think it does have some chunky programming in it (some ineffiencies)--I base this on my experience with 3 other aircraft addons, including the PMDG 737NG. And the issue with the FMS makes me double want my money back.Cheers,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Would love to, but their forum is not accessible to me. I've emailed them about this but they decided not to fix it apparently, and this is their right. I want nothing further to do with FeelThere, and I'm sure they are happy to wave goodbye to me as well. I made the original posts in the hopes someone might think twice about paying for this product, and dealing with this company. If not, so be it I tried.I won't post on it again as it's old news and not worth anyone's time at this point.Cheers,Noel

Noel