Sign in to follow this  
dlofreddo

Can I use Active Sky Next with REX Essentials?

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience using ASN with REX essentials plus overdrive? The reason I ask is because I already have REX but want to use the ASN as the weather engine. My question is Do i have to get REX4 in order to use ASN or can I somehow use ASN with REX Essentials?

Thank you

Sure can:

Run REX, chose your textures and send them to FSX.

Close REX

Start ASN

Start FSX

Fly

make sure you don't run the rexe weather  engine by unchecking  the option to in the config section

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi,

Do you need to do this every time or is okay to open rex, send the textures and not do this again until you decide that you want to change the textures?

Thanks

Glenn

Once you have set up the textures you like in Rex, you don't have to open Rex again. Unless of course, you want to change your textures.

I run ASN first...then start REX...then I use REX to start FSX..........and that sends the textures to FSX you have set up in REX........Works for me.......

Brian.

I run ASN first...then start REX...then I use REX to start FSX..........and that sends the textures to FSX you have set up in REX........Works for me.......

No need to run rexe  unless you want  to change  the textures

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank`s for that.......I will try this out, it may save a lot of memory.........

Brian.

I use REX4 and ASN, and absolutely love how they work together. Personally, I like to open REX4 first and tell it to generate a texture set based on the current weather/cloud conditions at (or near) my departing airport. It adds about 60 seconds to my sim launch, but the payoff is that I get to fly in a unique sky every time. I never really know what I'm going to get until I am sitting in the cockpit. I like that.

Then I launch ASN, then FSX.

By the way, REX4 loads textures roughly 300 million times faster that REX Essentials. It's a worthwhile upgrade, even if you don't use ASN, in my opinion.

Good luck and enjoy.

Thank`s for that...........but money is problem at the moment.....

Brian.