Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

Weather Radar question

This is more a curiosity question then anything else.

When the PMDG 777 was released, one of the big selling points was the weather link with the Active Sky file. At the time Active Sky was unique with being able to export the file in the format that the PMDG 777 needed and as such was the weather program of choice.

Since then I am assuming that some of the other weather programs have added this feature, if not, if you own PFPX you can create a file with that from any weather engine you like, including PFPX's own weather servers.

Now with the future release of SP1 and the added features, where does this stand with these add-ons. I am assuming that the data uplink still reads the weather file, however as the weather radar needs to know the current weather status and I assume that this file is the one that Active Sky makes constantly, not the weather file that the 777 FMC reads. If this is the case, does the weather radar only work with Active Sky.

As I said, this is only a curiosity question as I already own and run ASN, but you never know what the future holds.

If this is the case, does the weather radar only work with Active Sky.

Yes.  This has been stated multiple times.  As it stands, currently, ASN is the only engine that it will work with.

Kyle Rodgers