Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

GPSs Grrr!

I got this plane yesterday and yes, it's pretty. I've whizzed it around a bit and it seems OK...except. The GPSs are useless! Thery're supposed to be 430s but not as we know them. I can't get the moving map except once in a frenzy of manic clicking! Terrain doesn't seem to be in evidence either. I've tried substituting them for my modded Carenado 430s but it won't play, not on both GPSs anyway.

Why on earth don't they just give bliksimpie a call and ask him to do their GPSs?

Rant over.

Oh, not quite. What is it with developers branding stuff? Orbx do it at the drop of a hat, A2A do it (remove the yoke and there's an A2A logo underneath and Alabeo have stuck their name on top of the joystick! The point I'm trying to make is, we KNOW what scenery or aircraft we're flying/over don't we?

Rant properly over.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The GPSs are useless! "..................

Well I would like to buy the DA40 but will now wait for the option to integrate the Flight1/Garmin GTN 750.

Hard to understand why Alabeo would not support integration of replacement GPSs, like Carenado (their sister company) do..

This, to me, is a reason not to even consider this airplane (which looks nice, BTW..)

Bert

Following my considered observations, there is a click spot on the GPS which says 'Default GPS' that produces a map. How very real! No terrain though. I have substituted the pop-up for something more useable (530)

Having said all that, it IS a nice little plane albeit a tad 'sterile'. Still, that's probably what they're like eh?

Oh, not quite. What is it with developers branding stuff? Orbx do it at the drop of a hat, A2A do it (remove the yoke and there's an A2A logo underneath and Alabeo have stuck their name on top of the joystick! The point I'm trying to make is, we KNOW what scenery or aircraft we're flying/over don't we?

Maybe they are hoping you'll post a video or screenshot and they get free advertising.

It should be possible to paint over the logos, no?

Barry Friedman

It should be possible to paint over the logos, no?

Normally I'd say yes. But in this case they've been a bit sneaky I think. I'm guessing it's in the alpha channel or the .bump map because I can't fint the texture anywhere...and I've searched! They provide a .PSD paint kit but only the externals.

Hey ho. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it's in the alpha channel or the .bump map because I can't fint the texture anywhere...and I've searched!

See, they knew you would be looking for it.  :lol:

Might also be buried in a gauge file (if it's a .cab file I use 7zip to unpack them and then cabdir to wrap them back up). If it's in a .gau file then... nevermind you might end up voiding your warranty LOL.

Barry Friedman

Hey is there anyway to remove the 3rd knobs on the gps so we can add our own like in the older carenado planes earlier?

It looks nice and all, but since this brought up the topic of GPS units... The presence of a GTN series gauge in the VC is going to make or break my GA purchase decisions for the next while. ^_^

Edit:  Actually, I should revise that... not having a GPS is perfectly acceptable, but if it has one, let's just say I no longer care about RXP integration!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Moan Moan Moan is that all you guys do lol and has anybody noticed the inboard seat belt attachments are the wrong way round,bloody moaners the lot of you....LOL

I think I will pass on this one.   Sounds like there are too many post release issues with this aircraft.    I just hope the Cessna 207 has better beta testing.

Moan Moan Moan...

What would AVSIM be today without moaning? A desert, that's what! :BigGrin:

Mike, it's not bad at all, but like so many things today there is always something! Now I'm not, in any way, qualified to comment on flight behaviour but it feels the way I would expect it to feel...plastic! :smile:  I only have two things that annoy me, the GPS and the logofication of the joystick.

For $26 it's not bad value.

Hard to understand why Alabeo would not support integration of replacement GPSs, like Carenado (their sister company) do..

Alabeo have on some of their planes as well.  The Cardinal and Cardinal RG both have RXP integration for the 530.  Don't know why they didn't offer it for this one.

Scott

I don't have RXP, but there is an RXP430DA40.exe in the folder so I think RXP is integrated.

I don't have RXP, but there is an RXP430DA40.exe in the folder so I think RXP is integrated.

Interesting.  They specifically mention integration on the Cardinal, so when it wasn't in the DA40 feature list, like Bert I assumed it was left off.

Scott