Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUL14 - Release Planning for PMDG 777-200LR/F SP1 & 300ER

Guys, honestly. Just live your lives and just get it when it releases. I wouldn't be surprised if the release window is pushed back a few days anyway.

+1

I often wonder if these same people who complain because it wasn't released EXACTLY "when promised" run into problems while flying the aircraft, because they rushed thru the checklist or didn't read the manual.

Unfortunately if it's not released in that timeframe the world will turn to chaos. Cars will be tipped, buildings will be burned, the PMDG team will have to lock themselves in their homes.  :ph34r:  (Kidding).

However, there will be some very angry people, especially those who can't fly the plane and haven't been able to fly it for nearly 10 months due to bug X Y and Z.

Imagine how silent the Forums would be if PMDG placed a giant countdown clock on their main page. Flightsim addicts would mesmerised by that clock.

I will wait until the dust settles from the race to download........"on your marks.......waaaaaait foooooor it! "

Andrew Barnett

Unfortunately if it's not released in that timeframe the world will turn to chaos. Cars will be tipped, buildings will be burned, the PMDG team will have to lock themselves in their homes.  :ph34r:  (Kidding).

Kind of like Airplane 2.....after Elaine explains that they're almost out of coffee.

They said it will be from 15th July - 18th July. Now it's 14th July...

Tom.

Yes, you're right. This is the release window for the SP1 and the 300ER, but RSR want to post the changelog before. 

my bet is its gonna be pushed back another month at least,no changelog no price for the 300,its all a game to generate sales

Gary Stallard

my bet is its gonna be pushed back another month at least,no changelog no price for the 300,its all a game to generate sales

Gary Stallard

If that were true I think they would have to understand that it isn't "funny" anymore. We are customers that paid for a product knowing that SP1 would come out soon after to fix the bugs we're having. Now, almost an entire year later, they have got to release it. Some people are unable to fly the aircraft due to the bugs that occur on their system, and they've waited and waited. If it was a game, then the game should have been over months and months ago.

All I know is that if it isn't released on or by the 18th, there will be many angry topics made by forum-goers who have waited and waited. Hopefully it gets released. At least now that they gave us a date, if they miss it, they should feel obligated to explain why they missed and it and then provide another date. That isn't good enough for some people though. 10 months waiting, they have the right to feel that way.

I'm definitely impatient, but seeing some other people on this forum, I feel more patient than ever.

I think it will be delayed, not for nefarious reasons, they will will find something else to fix.

spacer.png

Gary Stallard

Despite everything that's been said, I really do think that PMDG is trying to get the SP1/300ER in our hands as fast as possible.  There's no point in making angry customers on purpose, and besides, I don't think they need to play any kind of 'game' as people will throw their money at them as fast as they can whether it comes out in an hour or in a month.  That does include me.

sig01.png

If RSR said 15 to 18th July. He is going to give it to us in that time line.

If anything got to be fixed he might have already posted a new thread about it.

Release weekend came guys.

Vatsim with full 300ER aircarts in coming time.

B)  :P

I think it will be delayed, not for nefarious reasons, they will will find something else to fix.

There will always be something to fix with pc software so how far do you go in trying to achieve the impossible

Gary Stallard

Gary Stallard

There is no "Game". They want it to be as close to perfection as possible. It's something called quality control. But judging by your 12 year old behavior, you'll need to google it.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I think that as they will wish to get SP1 and the 300ER out to us as soon as possible, they will not be looking at any further fixes as there will be a framework in place to address any further bugs in mini updates as has already been mentioned.

There is no "Game". They want it to be as close to perfection as possible. It's something called quality control. But judging by your 12 year old behavior, you'll need to google it.

Who gave you the right to come in here giving it the big one,is no one else allowed an opinion

Gary Stallard