Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Something Special in the Air.....

OMG Its Skully!

Someone who's ALMOST been here as long as me! (Gotcha beat by 2 days my old friend!) :BigGrin:

Of course...most folks here probably don't know our counters go back even further than that....I remember when they reset them after the complete website overhaul.

Thanks for the comment...and you can be sure you're an automatic member of the check airman program if you have the PMDG 777 and wish to fly this paint before anyone else.

I have a standing rule that anyone that has been a member of the forum for over a decade gets pre-release paints anytime they want.  :Big Grin:

And since your avatar that you've had forever is an AA 727 tail, I'd imagine you may have a fondness for the airline (at least its OLD livery).

If you have the PMDG 777 and you want to be a check airman for this paint just let me know old friend.

Hey Steve! Sorry I missed your reply  <_<

I remember well the great server crash.. omg the humanity..  the smoldering ruins..

Always great to see you and your fabulous art!  :lol:

Man I wish I did have the PMDG 777 or I'd be all over it.

It is about the only bird missing from my AA collection.

If you're posting up an AA paint for it I'll have to get it now!

Clear skies brother!  B)

My friend. Good to see you're still doing this. AWESOME as usual.

Best regards

Daniel H

My friend. Good to see you're still doing this. AWESOME as usual.

Best regards

Daniel H

OMG its an old timers party!!!  Ladies & Gentlemen, may I introduce Mr. Daniel Halpern, my paint partner in crime years ago!...a man who knows metal like Xudeva (And they are both from Mexico...coincidence?  Hmmm).  In fact, we partnered on a few EMB-120 paints waaay back where I used his metal (Its a weakness of mine...stealing other's metal textures, hehe.)

You non-painters out there need to try and encourage this man to pick up the paintbrush again...he's one of the best!

Daniel, it is GREAT to hear from you...man we need to catch up!

OK...I just clicked the link under your sig Daniel....OMG.....Guys....THIS MAN is the artist here...I pale in comparison. :blush:

Click the "Complete Collection" link and see if you don't agree.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

:blush:  :blush:  I pale myself with these words from "THE" Artist. I've admired your work since back in the day. Yes it was quite a few years ago when we partnered in a few projects and it was really fun. The link.... Complete Collection Oh!... yes I've been working on these project for quite some time now and I use it to relax... everything form scratch.  :rolleyes:

Seriously, we really need to catch up. I've been absent from "my aviation home" (AVSIM) -_-  and I really miss everyone here, made good friends and more importantly people that share this great hobby. 

Thanks Steve for this kind and warming welcome back, I say hi to everyone and if anyone knows some software for Mac in which I could see the wonderful models out there I may throw a few paints again.

Best Regards

Daniel

OK...I just clicked the link under your sig Daniel....OMG.....Guys....THIS MAN is the artist here...I pale in comparison.
Click the "Complete Collection" link and see if you don't agree.

I pale myself with these words from "THE" Artist. I've admired your work since back in the day. Yes it was quite a few years ago when we partnered in a few projects and it was really fun. The link.... Complete Collection Oh!... yes I've been working on these project for quite some time now and I use it to relax... everything form scratch. 

Seriously, we really need to catch up. I've been absent from "my aviation home" (AVSIM)  and I really miss everyone here, made good friends and more importantly people that share this great hobby. 

Thanks Steve for this kind and warming welcome back, I say hi to everyone and if anyone knows some software for Mac in which I could see the wonderful models out there I may throw a few paints again.

Best Regards
Daniel

Hey Daniel, I'll agree if you do, that maybe we are a bit on the modest side, but equal admirers of each other's work.  :smile:

There are still a few of the old-timer's here, and I hope they are reading this and chime in...it was great back in the day!

I don't know of any MAC software that would let you fly FS...but I hear of Windows emulators out there that let you run it on a MAC if you have the horsepower and right version of the OS.  Hopefully someone with knowledge can chime in...Simmers....I'm TELLING you...you WANT this man back in our hobby supplying paints..so help my fellow painter and FFG/SGA member get back into our hobby :)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Daniel, I'll agree if you do, that maybe we are a bit on the modest side, but equal admirers of each other's work.  :smile:

There are still a few of the old-timer's here, and I hope they are reading this and chime in...it was great back in the day!

I don't know of any MAC software that would let you fly FS...but I hear of Windows emulators out there that let you run it on a MAC if you have the horsepower and right version of the OS.  Hopefully someone with knowledge can chime in...Simmers....I'm TELLING you...you WANT this man back in our hobby supplying paints..so help my fellow painter and FFG/SGA member get back into our hobby :)

I agree with you, we are a bit modest  :blush: in the right kind of way. We've all supported good painters and friends here. Thanks for putting a word and see if something comes out; you never know my friend.... I might throw in a few paints again.

OH and BTW you can't even begin to know how much I enjoyed flying your SGA PAN AM A300-B4 paint. One of my all time favorite!

On the techie side, I do run MAC OSX Mavericks on a MacBook Pro Quad Core 2.0 Ghz; 16MB RAM 1333Mhz DDR3; AMD Radeon 256 Mb Graphics Card; 500Gb Hard Drive.

Best Regards

Daniel

Great pic Steve.........and fun reading through 'old boys' comments too.  I wonder how many can go back as far as Avsim's launch and the Project Freeware days?  All seems like a long time ago now.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Great pic Steve.........and fun reading through 'old boys' comments too.  I wonder how many can go back as far as Avsim's launch and the Project Freeware days?  All seems like a long time ago now.

Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's GEZZER-town! LOL.  

Yet another painter-extraordinaire.  Good to see you again.   You of course are "grandfathered" into my check airman program.  If you want pre-releases of my paints just shoot me your email address.

Really good to see the old gang crawling out of the wood work.  Ok all you old-time lurkers...reveal yourselves! I command you to appear! :LMAO:  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I wonder why American Airlines got rid of this iconic silver livery and painted all their planes white like any other airline? Simply such a shame to change their branding so dramatically as the old one really made it interesting to see the rare AA plane arriving at Domodedovo in the past years.

Ironically quite a long time ago, Aeroflot changed from white to silver. Although not the same kind of bare metal...

Remember the AA commercial?  If you're old enough to remember it, it should now be in your head, hehe.  If not...google "Something special in the air"

Needs alot of work...VERY early preview...but I have the metal on the PMDG 777 now...you know I had to paint it.  :smile:

Looking great there Steve looks like the brush is full steam ahead :-)

André

Hehe...and I pulled ANOTHER old timer out of the woodwork!

André!!!  So all you guys have been lurking all this time? :LMAO:

Great to see you again, thanks for the comments...and yes, the paintbrush has been almost worn to a nub recently.

Think I'm gonna put it down for a bit and fly this new PMDG 777 SP1, and -300 if I get it!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey, Steve, I've got a good one for you! Eastern airlines bare metal hockey stick.

Hey, Steve, I've got a good one for you! Eastern airlines bare metal hockey stick.

Not a bad Idea O, I'll put her on my possibility list.  The only problem is not sure what "Whisper" classification to give to her...Whisperjet and Whisperliner are already taken (I've flown on them both...the L1011 is one nice ride for passengers!).....I was thinking Whispermonster?

What base in Jax are you at, NAS or Mayport?  I did 2 tours at NAS as an avionics tech, then instructor as my last assignment.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hehe...and I pulled ANOTHER old timer out of the woodwork!

André!!!  So all you guys have been lurking all this time? :LMAO:

Great to see you again, thanks for the comments...and yes, the paintbrush has been almost worn to a nub recently.

Think I'm gonna put it down for a bit and fly this new PMDG 777 SP1, and -300 if I get it!

Lol Steve great to see you paint again and making a lot of folks very happy B)

Time we old timers take over the forum again (just kidding) lol

André

Lol Steve great to see you paint again and making a lot of folks very happy

Time we old timers take over the forum again (just kidding) lol

Thanks Andre.

Yeah we should take over the forums and show these young whippersnappers how to contribute to a forum.  :lol:

Here's an update shot:

777AA1-1.png

Still a lot of work to do...and I do need to fly that pretty -300 I just bought!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg