Sign in to follow this  
aalawand

Pilot for Major Airliners

Pilots:

I am seeking advise.

I'm already taking flight classes to get my ATP.

What did you major in? I'm having trouble deciding my major. 

Major in something you can do if you poke your eye out and can't fly anymore.

I majored in engineering, and would certainly suggest a major that can lead to a second career at some point if needed. Good pilot always has a backup plan! :)

I'm headed on the same route I'm currently getting my BA in business management( last semester), Dad flew for the airlines and his degree was in physical education so the airlines don't care what your degree is in they just want you to have that piece of paper saying you have one. I went the management route so that if something happened medical wise I could at least try to get a desk job with whatever airline I'm at.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

You can very easily buy fake university diplomas in certain parts of Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina). Hence if you have that, and is hardworking enough, you can get your opportunities if you weren't given any education in your home country.

You can very easily buy fake university diplomas in certain parts of Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina). Hence if you have that, and is hardworking enough, you can get your opportunities if you weren't given any education in your home country.

What a great advice.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

What a great advice.

Even though your response might be sarcastic/or maybe not? Many people around the world did not have access to the education that should be offered to every child when they're young. And as adult, you need to take care of yourself somehow by working, hence my shortcut.

In the United States, where the poster is from, I'm pretty sure that's called fraud and if caught, would pretty much kill his commercial flying career, possibly forever. After 9/11, I suspect most major carriers do a pretty good background check and would catch on to someone doing that.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to call that suggestion, bad advice. Really bad advice.

+1 , definitely get a backup plan. Some of us have 2nd jobs, IT, etc. you could get a major in IT and do consulting on the side, good $ and can have flex time, etc.

Good luck Amer!

John.

Really? Just fake it, eh? I wonder if you have the same attitude towards flight training. 

Really? Just fake it, eh? I wonder if you have the same attitude towards flight training. 

No need to be rude. Just me and others were not offered education in our home countries and I do not believe this should be the end of the line as everybody must be given a chance. I know even some dodgy call centers do not hire someone without diplomas... Don't have it? Go away and die without food! This is disgusting...

It's simply life, and unfortunately it is hard.

I'm getting a marketing degree at the same time too. A backup plan is a smart thing to have, I figured marketing and business would be good for advancing too

No need to be rude. Just me and others were not offered education in our home countries and I do not believe this should be the end of the line as everybody must be given a chance. I know even some dodgy call centers do not hire someone without diplomas... Don't have it? Go away and die without food! This is disgusting...

It's simply life, and unfortunately it is hard.

Where you're from, that might be acceptable, but where we're from, that sure as hell isn't. Seeing as the original poster is from the United States, as Fitz505 pointed out, doing something like that would actually put his career in jeopardy.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.