Sign in to follow this  
777cap

PMDG 777/ Taxiing The Beast

I have found the PMDG-supplied manuals + much practice is all I need. :rolleyes:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Kudos for the effort - just a caution, if you have used any images or diagrams directly from the PMDG manuals, I don't think you would be allowed to include them in this document of yours. If you want turn radius diagrams that are available to everyone, check Boeing.com for ACAPS documents. Even then, not sure what the implication would be for distributing those images and diagrams.

I am only mentioning this because you don't want all your hard work uploaded to AVSIM only to get pinged for copyright breach..

For what it's worth, there are two specific tutorials on YouTube which might be all you need to supplement the FCTM.

Dugald Walker

I dont mean to be rude but if anyone has suggestions that are constructive i will be appreciative of them

I wasn't trying to be rude, either.  Noting a duplication of effort, however, is definitely along the lines of constructive criticism.

You don't have to scroll through 1020 pages.  It's actually quite near the beginning of the document, and, even if you were reading it like a book, you'd pass it very early on.  Besides, in today's day and age, CTRL+F (though seemingly under-utilized by the simmer crowd) saves tons of time.

Your idea on translating the FCTM concepts to the sim is a great one.  Covering the rest of it in depth, though, is just wasted effort, in my opinion.

Kyle Rodgers

I have found the PMDG-supplied manuals + much practice is all I need. :rolleyes:

Yes and no:  while detailed and authentic, they are a little too voluminous to find specific info a times.

I wish Mike Ray would write a 777 training book.

http://utem.com/

spacer.png

It's illegal.

The PMDG manuals are the Boeing manuals but with different logos.

Captains..then i guess everything is okay.the only reason i though of including chapters that are already present in the fcoms and fctms is because it would be easy to just go through one document and get all the information already present in those books.That would eliminate the need to to refer to other documents again.

The main idea behind this book is to translate the real world procedures to the sim,also i though of going through some common failures that could be encountered while the plane is still on ground and how you could overcome them.maybe the experts here could tell me some things i could add to make the document interesting.

warm regards

Captains..then i guess everything is okay.the only reason i though of including chapters that are already present in the fcoms and fctms is because it would be easy to just go through one document and get all the information already present in those books.

Just a friendly word of warning: if using other docs, you'll have to be very careful not to bust copyright. It's a rather complex issue; I would hate to see you get in trouble because of this, particularly because you're being so generous in offering to do this work for us.

Walter Meier

I drive a Bus. almost the same but my bus is only 53ft long. The main thing to remember the turning wheels are behind from where you sit, so you have to go past the line where you wanna turn.

captains,

just to be on the safer side,i sent pmdg a support ticket stating my need,to put some info.from the documents.i have told them what i plan to do and also given my name,just so that they know it is me.lets see how they respond,hopefully they would accept my request...if they dont i will delete the chapters already there in the fcoms and fctms.Lets see....

I drive a Bus. almost the same but my bus is only 53ft long. The main thing to remember the turning wheels are behind from where you sit, so you have to go past the line where you wanna turn.

I drive a tractor-trailer with the trailer being 53-feet long, and the tractor adds at least 15 feet or so. So roughly 70 feet.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I drive a tractor-trailer with the trailer being 53-feet long, and the tractor adds at least 15 feet or so. So roughly 70 feet.

I drive a Smart, which is 8-1/2 ft. . . . oh, wait. Never mind.   :ph34r:

Walter Meier

Wow, the OP just asked if anyone was interested in his PDF, nothing more. It's quite easy post +1 or don't post.

+1 for me, might be something in there that helps, thanks.