Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Tallinn, Estonia EETN/TLL released…….

Latvia:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-scenarii-44/latviya-31413.html

Works fine together with the old town of Riga:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-sceneries-44/staraya-riga-52978.html

Here I did not replace stock files, so I have strange coast lines at the airport Riga Rumbula. Anyway, this airport serves mostly as car market nowadays so I have no problem with it. I visited Riga exclusively with GA planes so far and used the airport Riga-Spilve.

Lithuania

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-sceneries-44/lithuania-31414.html

Estonia

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-sceneries-44/estonia-31410.html

Caution: The author of these packes sometimes uses different (probably older) ICAO codes than used nowadays in real world. So if you have the MAIW Siauliai (Lithuania Air force) package installed, you have to deactivate files with "EYPS" in the above linked package instead of "EYSA". This may be similar for other airports.

I hope I can visit these countries by bike one day to have a look at them in real world.

Therapist? Nothing serious I hope. Wish you all the best!

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Therapist? Nothing serious I hope.

Been suffering depression Harald. Clearly retirement isn't exactly agreeing with me.  I'll survive.  :huh:

Many thanks for those links ... I'll check them out.

Appliance, all will be good.

Note that I have meanwhile edited my post due to certain ICAO code differences...

Just a word to these Andrei Anta's sceneries. While they lack the most up-to-date finishing touch, they provide detailed airports for parts of the world which are clearly neglected by Microsoft and most payware developers (with some well acknowledged exceptions, one being topic of this thread). According to each simmers FS2004 setup, one may have problems due to differing airport heights which are mostly to solve following the advice in the readme file. Some of the earlier readmes are in Russian only, I'd like to help to read it then. There were, however, some cases of runways hiding under the terrain even after following the readme with my FS2004 setup, which I accepted due to the scenery being generally good, though.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

What I love about Flight Simulator as a hobby: you get drawn in to things you might not have thought of otherwise...

So... Vilnius as a starting point, thanks to the suggestions from you kind gents, let's go to Riga!

Qr21yP.jpg

I suppose putting pictures in here will result in the whole thread being consigned to the screenshots forum, so I'll just do it there:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/448452-the-baltic-flights-1/

Approaching EVRA I took a huge performance hit due to the trees used, so I removed the "forestation" bgl as Mathew suggests, and installed the freeware landclass file available here in the library. All is good: this scenery stands up well to the other payware in this trip. 

let's go to Riga!

Love the images WingZ.    :Applause:

Some very talented and committed hobbyists hereabouts.

WingZ,

I rated your screenshot thread 5 stars and they are shown correctly.

So as collateral benefit I know that my thoughts about the suspicious 1star-rating were false.

Waiting for Baltic flight #2 now... If you look for another nice destination around the Baltic Sea after Tallinn, what about this one:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-scenarii-44/ulli-pulkovo-54216.html

AES support is already requested for this one, too.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

So as collateral benefit I know that my thoughts about the suspicious 1star-rating were false.

Nothing to worry about, as there is some idiot rating every single FS9 topic ever posted to one star. Sent a message to the mods but to no reply. Hence if I were you I wouldn't take ratings seriously...

"Some very talented and committed hobbyists hereabouts"

I tend to agree, many reside in the world of FS9 - just look at some of the erudite chatter in here :) Thank you both for the encouragement.

Harald, I will bookmark the link; for now, showing this is not a thread high-jack, on to Tallin! 

mS5Bzx.jpg

They say getting there is half the fun... I guess tweaking and troubleshooting qualifies.

When I got to EETN, I found a number of blank-textured SAAB AI aircraft about. Given I was driving one myself, this couldn't be ignored ;)

Turns out WOAI messed up the BMP file names on the FSP model's textures, starting with Air Estonia (!) This resulted in all following entries to be blank-textured.

A quick fix, and the picture thread continues:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/448452-the-baltic-flights-1/?p=3049239

Again, very fine pictures.

I'm sticking in a completely different area (something with deserts) with my plane (something rather slow) and with FSRealWX-lite leaving me without server connection, so I'm afraid I will make it to Tallinn not earlier than in autumn. :(

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks Harald, do try to get in before the winter...

Now I could not resist quickly nipping over the Gulf of FInland.

Vantaa is scarcely 100km from Ulemiste   

F5oIyK.jpg

The picture thread continues in its "right" place at

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/448452-the-baltic-flights-1/?p=3049505

but of course Finland has a wonderful set of other freeware FS9 airport sceneries, too....

GnxpxQ.jpg

1I3J9w.jpg

7k5Mxm.jpg

...but that is a whole Other Story.

What Helsinki Malmi scenery do you use? I found one at FSNordic.net but it crashes my sim. :(

This one:

EFHF Helsinki-Malmi 2.0 scenery for MSFS 2004
© 2005 Jari Varje, Alex Lundqvist

It's been on my HDD for a long time, but  suspect it would've come from 

This one:

EFHF Helsinki-Malmi 2.0 scenery for MSFS 2004
© 2005 Jari Varje, Alex Lundqvist

It's been on my HDD for a long time, but  suspect it would've come from 

Thanks. That is the one I had, but since it kept crashing my sim I deleted it. But now I just downloaded it and installed it again and so far it is not crashing.

Thanks Graemeb, I see mine are pretty old.

Joseph glad it works now, the updates to the main downloads do seem necessary as they are later dated.