Sign in to follow this  
Fullthrottle

Prepar3D Question

I have bought Wilco Airbus Evolution which includes Prepar 3D. (Don't know what version it is) Reading through the manual it shows what looks to be its own programme menu's. Can it work on its own as a separate programme or only through FSX?. As all the files are there but no icon to open it separately.

No, what you got is a product that may be installed in Prepar3D. That is all.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So as I understand it Lockheed Martin Prepar 3D is a separate programme which I could buy. Just checked on Amazon it only mentions it within other programs FSX. Rex Essentials which I already have. Rex essentials click the fly now icon it just keeps reloading the graphics, is this right or is there something else I need to do? 

Prepar3D is a separate program and is only available from Lockheed-Martin as a digital download. No one else will ever be allowed to distribute Prepar3D.

Although it looks very similar to FSX+Acceleration, it is not the same program at all. It is based on the now defunct Microsoft ESP1 platform.

http://www.prepar3d.com/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Robert, but not being sure that's why I asked the question here.

Thanks n4gix for explaining that, what may seem obvious to the experts is not so for everyone. Your help most appreciated. At least its cleared that one up for me.

I frequently find FSX-users on other forums who think Prepar3d is an FSX add-on.  Since LM doesn't advertize their product in consumer media, it's to be expected that people who don't go out of their way to learn about it don't know much about it.

I thought Prepar3d was a separate programme as with some others, I didn't think it ran through FSX as with all the other add ons. Now I know. Oh well we live and learn. The graphics quality I have now is, what can I say, WOW! Mega impressive.

I have got a lot of learning to do. A good pilot never blames his plane.

Just bought Heathrow Gatwick scenery. And a new controller. Have to deliver a 737 to Gatwick this morning using the GPS. See you later.