Sign in to follow this  
justinxfan

ORBX Files Got Deleted?

After installing patches for several of my ORBX products, the files for many of my sceneries have completely vanished! Entire folders have been wiped! I first noticed this with the Vector files. Then, on the next start, more of the folders were gone!

I haven't been on the Orbx forums lately. So I don't know if you posted there as of yet... But you're more likely to find quicker answers there, provided you have your proof of purchases ready.

Rob Simmons

You can tell I'm not a frequent poster but this has my curiosity for some odd reason. To be clear... What did you buy last week? And what exactly got deleted?

My only suggestion would be reinstall whatever got deleted. However, as stated previously, you will get more definitive answers from the Orbx forums on their own site. I would link it here but I'm not sure if that's allowed.

Rob Simmons

from eBay for $10.

LOL

Did you expect it to be unused? Why didn't you just get if from the approved store? flightismstore.com.

I'm sorry man but that wasn't smart.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I will word this carefully as I'm not accusing but.

Orbx does have a system in place if what you're installing detects a pirated copy of an Orbx product installed it will delete everything in your Orbx folder whether you had legitimate items in it or not. I believe this started around the time Orbx Global was introduced.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Word of advice, never buy anything outside of legitimate websites.  $10 probably looked too good to be true.  There is an answer but you have to be a legitimate owner of the product and ask at the Orbx website. 

**EDIT**

Didn't realize there was something in place to deal with pirated software, forget my answer then, nothing will fix it.  Be advised, the users and owner of AVSIM do not take lightly to pirated material being installed, you may get banned from the site.

\Robert Hamlich/

Still didn't get over to the Orbx site, I guess.

So far, I have gathered that you have Vector, which got deleted. You updated FTX Global, which means you've had prior versions, and you have PNW.

I have those three products, amongst others, and nothing has been deleted when I run updates. So again, my suggestion would be to reinstall what got deleted, or create a new topic in the Orbx support forum on their site. They are very cool over there and will help you to the end, as long as you show them proof of purchase.

My curiosity is satisfied. I do hope you get it solved.

Rob Simmons