Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Dreamfleet Bonanza A36 : who is gonna get it?

Guest JeanLuc_

With roughly 25% of the number of the posts at the time of this writing, it is not a gripe anymore! it looks like a campaign!I guess everyone is free to purchase, or not, any product, and for roughly 25% of this thread content at the time I write this, Sonar5 said loud and clear that he feels not like being interested in purchasing this addon! that was the question of the thread, I guess you 25% answered the thread alone!

UweR,And you can accept my opinions as well, since they are mine. :-)I'm saying their other GA Aircraft are selling for less, so I guess those products no one should ever purchase again because this release does what?As to what aircraft plays in the same league, that like my opinions are subjective.I respect that you are entitled to yours, and what I am stating here are facts, not conjecture.Two valid Points:1) If it is $24.95 as a reward, it is their most expensive GA release to date, and represents a price increase compared to every one of their other GA AIrcraft that work in FS9.2) If the price is correct on the Flight1 website that is. I mean, they wouldn't put up an incorrect price and leave it up there until just prior to release would they? I don't think they would, so I will take them at their current word on that point.You say it will be worth every cent, have you Bought it yet, or are you guessing?Are you a Beta tester who may be receiving a copy for free?Do you have any conflicts of interest that maybe should be disclosed?You are not required to disclose that of course, but it sounds like you have it already, and I'm interested to know.Take Care,Joe****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Thanks for computing the statistics, I appreciate it. :-lolAnd I apologize for pointing out inconsistencies that I feel consumers should be aware of prior to their purchase. And as long as what I am stating is true, I will opine as such.Thanks for your opinion though. :-)Regards,Joe

>1) If it is $24.95 as a reward, it is their most expensive GA>release to dateNope. Flight1's Meridian was/is more expensive. I believe on its release day the price of the Meridian was approaching $40.>>Are you a Beta tester who may be receiving a copy for free?I believe Uwe is a beta tester but despite your insinuation there is no conflict of interest here. Beta testers are not paid and do not get any royalties from the sale of the product. I knew many beta testers who were highly critcal of products they were testing.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Hi Michael,This is a Dreamfleet aircraft. I should have been more specific in my comparison and I apologize for not being more clear. My price references about it being a Price Increase apply to Dreamfleet products as I did list the link to the Dreemfleet product page above.Here is the link to Dreamfleets product page:http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/products.htmDid Dreamfleet make the Meridian?Also, I am not insinuating anything. If I was, I would state it.But I also believe things should be disclosed in the interest of protecting the consumers. That is just my opinion, and others may disagree, but that is simply how I feel about it.

Guest JeanLuc_

Your feelings are great, and you certainly voice them! thank you for entertaining this thread!! the more you write in it, the more it bumps up, and the more people will know that Dreamfleet is about to release a Bonanza A36, with every bell and whistles no other add-on is able to offer to date on the market, for an extraordinary price of $24.95!Thank you for helping promoting the A36 in entertaining this thread at the top of the forum! we hear your opinion!!

Guest aca_dia

Many of us already own all of the extra bells and whistles separate from the A36. So for us it will come down to if the aircraft is worth it without that stuff. I have quite a bit of time in an A36 so I am certainly considering it, but its not a must have. The final price will definitely effect my purchase decision as I have more aircraft than I know what to do with at this point. I am sure plenty of people will buy it no matter what the price.

Guest MattNW

My original thoughts when I saw this thread was, "Another rumor" but after seeing your post I have credit card in hand. Hope you have a good fast server ready 'cause I've been waiting for this one. I've loved the A36 since I had a plastic model of one as a kid.A Piper Dakota sounds like another winner. Guess I'll go back into the waiting mode once again (after flying the wings off the A36).About the Piper Archer just flew it last night. Another one of my favorites.Thanks for all the great work.

>>>>>Maybe next year - FS2006 ?????????????????>>>>Happy landings!>>Not to put a downer on FS, but I hope it really Is Next year,>as I am so happy with my FS Setup..>>But You should move to XP ASAP, otherwise I fear youll be left>out on the wing :)>>You can back up your settings, put a new OS on the re-install>FS and overwrite with your FS Backup... Ok its not that easy,>but Im sure its possible..>>JasonJason, you know that you dont have to buy it right away if its released this yr ... hehe Vernon

Guest kickin_chicken

At $24.95, this is a good price! I'll buy it! I've never owned a Dreamfleet A/C before, but isn't their 727 more expensive, or at least the same price? To get the included weather radar for 'free', I think for someone who doesn't own a Dreamfleet A/C, this would be great way to get into their titles. I don't own any Reality XP stuff, so for me, $24.95 for a payware product that comes with the weather radar is a good deal. I payed $16 for an Alphasim A/C, and I paid $24 for my three FSD International A/C. So for me, $24.95 is an excellent reason to get it from Dreamfleet. I was actually expecting $34.95 or thereabouts. PMDG charges $39 for their NG737, and that A/C is considered the ultimate benchmark for complexity and simulation of procedures. I think $24.95 is an excellent price for a top-of-the-line payware A/C that comes with some special, name-branded bonus gauges like the weather radar. I almost bought the 727 just because it came with the weather radar. For me, I'm not a hardcore payway purchaser. I buy maybe 1 per year. However, during the holiday season, FSD-International ran a promotion allowing you to literally buy one A/C and get another one FREE! I already owned the Cheyenne, so I bought the Navajo and got the Aerostar FREE! I bought that Navajo precisely because of that sale.I think that "sales" in the payware flight sim community are RARE! I will take advantage of them when given the chance since, again, I don't buy many payware A/C. If they (Dreamfleet) gave away the 727 for 1/2 price when buying the Bonanza, I would pay for that too! $40 for two well-modelled A/C is a great deal!Overall, I believe that $25 is a good price for a good-quality, well-modelled A/C that comes with a few patches afterwards to make it perfect.

Guest UweR

Joe, if you are interested in knowing, I have no problem of telling. Maybe from the top down..."...so I guess those products no one should ever purchase again because this release does what?"Dreamfleet

That's correct, it's for XP only.The aircraft itself will work fine in Win2K, but you'll have to retrofit another NAVCOM stack as the RealityXP gauges will not work (or rather they won't install, I never had an opportunity to see if they work).I'm in the same position as you. I've decided a long time ago to skip every other OS release, meaning I'll get Longhorn when that hits the street (which should coincide with me building a new computer).

I also purchased the DF727 when it was released in December. That airplane is by far and away my favorite long haul jet. One other feature provided with there 727 was an excellent techincal support team. I asked some dumb questions in the late night and I was receiving detailed answers back from their team within minutes.I downloaded the operating manual and it states that the aircraft uses a Flight Line 2005 WX500 Weather Radar. It also mentions that this is an upgrade from their previous release. Has anybody have any history with this feature? The layout of the radar looks completely different from the one provided in their 727.$24.95 for their product, the addon upgrades, and their technical support team seems to be a more than a fair price to me.Tom

>>>1) If it is $24.95 as a reward, it is their most expensive>GA>>release to date>>Nope. Flight1's Meridian was/is more expensive. I believe on>its release day the price of the Meridian was approaching>$40.>Correct. $25 is about average and the product is better than average so do the math :)>>>>Are you a Beta tester who may be receiving a copy for free?>>I believe Uwe is a beta tester but despite your insinuation>there is no conflict of interest here. Beta testers are not>paid and do not get any royalties from the sale of the>product. I knew many beta testers who were highly critcal of>products they were testing.>All F1 beta testers get are free licenses to the products they test.And of course we know well what the market has to offer and therefore can compare value for money as it pertains to different products.Apart from most F1 releases I also have dozens of other payware titles in my fleet, most of those paid for (some I got free as a tester or as a gift, but those are mainly older releases now).If I consider product X I purchased for price Y to be good value for money, then product Z giving the same level of satisfaction and selling to regular customers for the same price Y has the same value for money. Thus we can determine value for money even when it's not our money changing hands.

You forgot to mention that to be the same price in real dollars as the Cardinal (say) which costs $23 (and has since release 2 years ago) the A36 should cost the same plus inflation which over 2 years is about 10% or $4.50. Therefore the price for the A36 corrected for inflation based on the price of the C177 should be $27.50, not $25.Thus in real money the A36 is indeed cheaper than the C177 while being a more complete and complex product :)