Sign in to follow this  
farid

DX10Scenery fixer ,sometimes hapenning stutters

Hello

the scenery fixer is a great software..,i switched dx10,there is much improve like bloom of lights,like internal shadow and..thanks to Steve....many thanks is discover much new thing  because of that...

but there happen some stutters after switching,i had not any stutter with dx9 before,is there any way for getting smoother frame like dx9?iis this happen normal when switching dx10? used frame limiter internal and external ,,my pc is over clocked 4.9Ghz,16G Ram ATI5970HD,SSD and..i am not beginner with fsx,worked with fsx since 7 years,known already well all of tweak stuff thing, know bojot and kosto and etc ..,i made many many videos by today,,here the link of page of downloads many of them,,

the only problem i have right now,is some random stutter, that not be before,..usualli at city region and takeoff or approach,,i hade over 70 fps with dx9,with not even one little stutter at all of flight time,u can see my video,but after switching there is happening,

any advice would be appreciated

thanks you for your attention

I have the same thing but honestly had it with DX9 as well.  I am not sure there is much you can do except reduce your sliders/settings until they go away.  Are you sure your water setting has moved up since DX10?  I think this is needed rather than a normally lower setting on DX9 but probably best to review "the fixer" document from Paul to make sure.  You could also try cloud clipping or something in that setting box to reduce the graphics impact.  I had to turn that off because I found individual clouds would pop.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

DX10 experts recommend  to use only few adjustments e.g. limit fps to 30. With this setting no significant stutters are recognized in area and sceneries which are compatible to DX10. Most sceneries are. And the the sim runs smooth even with fps below 30.

Have You had a look at the revised "how-to" DX10 guide here?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?88271-DX10-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-a-new-home!

The stutters and poorer anti-aliasing are why I switched back to DX9. Sadly, I found no solution or compromise that satisfied me well enough for either issue.

I found that a mangled NI profile will cause this. Make sure to start a fresh profile.

In FSX choose Anisotropic and AA.

The only items to change from fresh NI Profile:

In NI AA Transparency Supersampling - 4x or 8x Sparse grid (some planes need sparse grid, not all). Choose 2 Pre rendered frames, vsync on.

...FSX displays graphics by building up layers of objects, drawing those nearest to observer last. These objects are self contained images with a transparent background. That's why we need to set transparency AA. FSX is also designed to use look ahead or pre rendered frames. When the internal limiter is used, some of the fps horsepower is lost to arranging pre rendered frames. However, pre rendered frames are ready to display when the rendering takes too long on the current frame. Testing right now with 15 fixed and heavy scenery with detailed plane, it's rock solid and as smooth as a babies bum. try 15, 20, and 30 fixed on 60Hz monitor, can use half or quarter refresh too.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Just getting back into FSX. Where can i download this software? I understand that its not available from the original store now?

Look on the AVSIM file library FSX misc section for 'shader fix'.

The shader fix is free to download, although it's part of the discontinued scenery fixer. This free part takes care of the FSX side of DX10 Preview problems like flashing runways and chain link fencing. In the absence of the payware scenery fixer tool, with the shader release download you can get most problems sorted.

Extract the .zip into a new folder.

Make selections in PatchOptions.txt - 0 = exclude, 1 = include - generally leave default

Run setup.bat this makes the patches and deletes the shader folder

Run FSX - FSX automatically builds a new shader folder and runs thereafter with patches in place

Optional fixes in bonus sections require file copying - see readme files

regards

steve

Hi,

I have tried to use dx10 fixer. Altough it was great product, but my fps was drop since i used that. I have try tweak my fsx.cfg, nvidia inspector settings but the result was same. I m just little bit envy with my friends, he had 30-50 fps while flying, and im just get arround 20-30 somtimes it drops untill 15. How can i get the best settings? Im using i3 procie and gtx650

Thanks

Hi,

I have tried to use dx10 fixer. Altough it was great product, but my fps was drop since i used that. I have try tweak my fsx.cfg, nvidia inspector settings but the result was same. I m just little bit envy with my friends, he had 30-50 fps while flying, and im just get arround 20-30 somtimes it drops untill 15. How can i get the best settings? Im using i3 procie and gtx650

Thanks