Hi all,

I have recently re installed windows and all of my fsx but I have recently come across this problem with my installation of fsx and I cannot figure out how to fix it as I have never had this problem before.

My fsx starts off fine but after a few mins of flying and switching views, I get these problems with textures? 

http://gyazo.com/5657a42bfda8e142b71d2fb5c4ac6478

http://gyazo.com/572a6c73be30966a74cf4745bea12852

After 30 seconds or a bit longer, they do load. Again I have never had this problem before so would anyone be able to shed some light?

Spec

i7 2700K OC'd to 4.7GHZ

16GB RAM DDR3 @ 2133

GTX660TI - Running Primary Display in 1st slot (FSX runs off this)

GTX460 in third slot running secondary/third display

1000W PSU

1TB HD OS and Other Software/ 232GB for fsx installation/  149GB for files

I have FSX - FSXSP1 - FSXSP2 Installed

I have reinstalled FSX as i normally do and I have got this problem! Never before have I got it and I installed FSX and all addons the exact same was as I have before.

I have used Ventubos tweak as per normal and nvidia inspector for anti aliasing

Make sure all your drivers are updated including motherboard and sound drivers.

have used Ventubos tweak as per normal and nvidia inspector for anti aliasing

The images show that your fsx is having a hard time rendering, thus the reason why it takes so long to load. This means that a setting or several settings are too high for your system and/or tweaks are bringing your system to its knees. I suspect the latter. You can check this by moving your fsx.cfg to another directory, restart FSX and let the config rebuild. Do some minor modifications to it like changing the resolution and making sure AF/AA are enabled and go fly. AVSIM recommends you try the AVSIM Configuration Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots for configuring your FSX and Nvidia settings. The Ventubo tweaks might have been good for pre-Sandy Bridge, but they are not recommended for your system. You also need to make sure you have the following parameter in the Graphics section:

highmemfix=1 (this is not a tweak but an actual fix Microsoft did not include in the latest update (SP2/Acceleration).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

In your FSX.cfg under [Graphics]  what is your TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= set to?  It should be

1024 or higher unless you were readjusting some of your sliders.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

In your FSX.cfg under [Graphics]  what is your TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= set to?  It should be

1024 or higher unless you were readjusting some of your sliders.

I would not recommend to set it to anything higher than 1024 in his case. As Jim has suggested, at least the first posted picture indicates that the OP's computer is having a hard time loading all the required textures already. Increasing the TextureMaxLoad would only make things worse.

I would not recommend to set it to anything higher than 1024 in his case. As Jim has suggested, at least the first posted picture indicates that the OP's computer is having a hard time loading all the required textures already. Increasing the TextureMaxLoad would only make things worse.

The only reason I suggested it was that I suffered the exact symptom about a year

ago.  Doing a locked chase view of my aircraft, I would switch to that view

and my aircraft had no textures and objects on the ground had the same

black square boxes and about 20 seconds later they would appear.

I finally check that setting in my config and it was about 500 instead of 1024. 

Now I have very little delay in texture load.  One should always re-check

that setting if the sliders are adjusted.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Makes sense Charlie, but then again: Why would your settings revert to 512, I thought FSX would only set it to 1024 - and even stranger: why would half the texture resolution result in longer loading times?

Anyway, it's an interesting observation, and definitely worth a try.

Interesting... I decided to chedk my fsx.cfg and mine too is set at 512.. I have adjusted my sliders quite a few times.. I've put it to 1024 to see what happens.. just did a couple of minutes flying around an orbx airport and dont detect any difference but not sure what the result should be.

I finally check that setting in my config and it was about 500 instead of 1024.

Now I have very little delay in texture load. One should always re-check

that setting if the sliders are adjusted.

The default is 1024 for Texture_Max_Load. I have seen where some addon programs, like FEX, will give you the option to reduce this setting. If it is set at 512, it should load things faster. My setting is 2048 with is High Definition textures. The highest is 4096 and that setting may cause OOM's for long flights. I like 2048 as it uses HD textures and it is not so hard on our system. In the OP's case, I suspect he has a tweak or setting in the fsx.cfg that is causing this issue. The NVidia Inspector can cause this too on less powerful systems where the individual sets the AA - Transparency Supersampling setting to 4X Sparse Grid Supersampling.

In any case, I appreciate your input and hope the OP has found a solution.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10