Sign in to follow this  
dental12

fsx atc not listening

dental12

You are not alone in the frustrating struggle to get what you expected out of MCE.

Have been trying for 3 years to get successful simple VFR flight in the single engine Default FSX Cessna with no copilot.

All I wanted was to broadcast blind at non-towered strips and the usual communications at towered strips.

MCE comes up with all kinds of weird ATC happenings that make no sense at all.

Best I ever had was a long time ago when forum member Dick B came up with his No Copilot Wanted fix.

The FS++ Crew has had all kinds of suggestions but no luck so far.

Hate to give up but I'd rather be flying than chasing down mysterious problems.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada.

I have exactly the same problem with ATC.  I get the 'hum' but no response at all from atc.   tried all the 'fixes',  re-installing, replacing mce.ini et cetera but atc gives no response.

Can ANYONE help?

I have exactly the same problem with ATC.  I get the 'hum' but no response at all from atc.   tried all the 'fixes',  re-installing, replacing mce.ini et cetera but atc gives no response.

Can ANYONE help?

Sure.

Your entire transmission must happen swiftly between the time you hold PTT down, and the time you release it.

What call-sign are you using?

Are you using DEL key for transmission or a joystick button?

Write down the kind of ATC verbiage you're using, and what ATC window options are displayed at the time.

Do you fly GA aircraft or Tubeliners, IFR or VFR?

I found the interaction hit and miss with ATC which was the whole point of me getting MCE

On top of that was the fairly constant crashing of MCE when addon planes were used which did not have typical .cfg's for MCE to 'read'

This is supposedly addressed by sending in the cfg to be fixed but it never really works properly. I gave up on MCE as a bad deal for my personal situation a while ago.

I know its not the same and doesn't contain ATC interaction, but the voice recognition of FS2Crew is far superior. Not sure how they managed to get it working so well. Im guessing because FS2Crew is very 'scripted' compared to MCE.......