Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

FSGENESIS Mesh question

Hi Guys:

Question on mesh I have north america mesh named names are as follows (NADEM-X_US_ERK - NADEM-X_US_NE - NADEM-X_US_PLN - NADEM-X_US_SE - NADEM-X_US_WC - NADEM-X_US_WRK) I am assuming its 19m mesh but not sure as Our old accounts are not updated on new site - do these look familiar not sure if there is something better also I noticed they have 10m mesh how much of a difference would I see if in fact my mesh is 19m - thanks

http://www.fsgenesis.com/fsx-united-states-terrain-mesh

Rich Sennett

The one I got from the old website subscription, I my opinion, is way more coarse than 19m. But yours maybe a newer version than mine.

Zicheng Cai

The one I got from the old website subscription, I my opinion, is way more coarse than 19m. But yours maybe a newer version than mine.

Thank you  - do your files have these installer names ?

Rich Sennett

Richard,  I will check my disks when I get home. The NADEM-X names seem familiar.  I have heard that you should not update to the new system they have as you get way too many plateaus.  I still have some plateaus outside of North America.  If you recall FSGenesis had a process to smooth out the plateaus at airports and they were releasing updates to their mesh with this new system but they stopped after North America (and maybe Europe).  I don't think the new product has this smoothing in place but not sure....their website is very unclear on this issue.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Richard,  I will check my disks when I get home. The NADEM-X names seem familiar.  I have heard that you should not update to the new system they have as you get way too many plateaus.  I still have some plateaus outside of North America.  If you recall FSGenesis had a process to smooth out the plateaus at airports and they were releasing updates to their mesh with this new system but they stopped after North America (and maybe Europe).  I don't think the new product has this smoothing in place but not sure....their website is very unclear on this issue.

Thank you Mark - appreciate it.

Same names. 4.08GB in total.

Hi Zicheng do you know what resolution those files are (19m - 38m) ? thinking they are 19m as mine are not that old but there 19m HD files on the site have different named installers thats why I am not sure whats going on - they may have just renamed the installers ?

Rich Sennett

Thank you Mark - appreciate it.

Hi Zicheng do you know what resolution those files are (19m - 38m) ? thinking they are 19m as mine are not that old but there 19m HD files on the site have different named installers thats why I am not sure whats going on - they may have just renamed the installers ?

I don't hink 4.8Gb can cover the whole United States continent using 19m. Look at their NextMap series, a small European country would have this size of file. So, I think they are of a lower resolution.

Zicheng Cai

I don't hink 4.8Gb can cover the whole United States continent using 19m. Look at their NextMap series, a small European country would have this size of file. So, I think they are of a lower resolution.

Wow good point Zicheng - thanks for pointing that out - would be great to see screenshot comparison of 38m vs lets 10m as they do have the US in 10m

Rich Sennett

Richard,

Here are the files on my system.  These are the installers rather than the installed files themselves. 

ujaysnM.jpg

G83GJXK.jpg

Hi Mark thanks buddy - I am really confused as you see on the left of screenshot this is what they are offering - 10m mesh and on the right is what I have - what resolution of mesh is your Our files just dont match up to the ones posted now and I do not know what my resolution is - they may have just renamed them - I would like to have 10m mesh but not sure if it will make a difference especially not knowing what I own as they are not allowing any info from Our previous orders and support is useless no idea why as they have a nice product 

2j3nq7n.jpg

Rich Sennett

If you have the SDK installed you can open the mesh BGL file with tmfviewer and then go to the View->Level of Detail menu and see what the highest LOD is available. Then look at the table here, go down the LOD column (not the QMID column) and then on the right column is the resolution in meters: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc707102.aspx#QMIDandLODValues

In the picture here is 10m mesh which is LOD 12 (9.5m actually):

tmfviewer_lod12_zps87a95487.png

Barry Friedman

I would gladly have plateaus if it means i have accurate, detailed mesh. You can fix most airports with ADE by changing the elevation. My next sim purchase is likely FS Global ultimate since from my understanding it is the most detailed mesh there is, would love to be proven wrong

Best, Michael

KDFW

If you have the SDK installed you can open the mesh BGL file with tmfviewer and then go to the View->Level of Detail menu and see what the highest LOD is available. Then look at the table here, go down the LOD column (not the QMID column) and then on the right column is the resolution in meters: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc707102.aspx#QMIDandLODValues

Great stuff- thanks so much

I would gladly have plateaus if it means i have accurate, detailed mesh. You can fix most airports with ADE by changing the elevation. My next sim purchase is likely FS Global ultimate since from my understanding it is the most detailed mesh there is, would love to be proven wrong

Hi Mike when Orbx announced vector they mentioned fsgenesis should be ok so I bought all of the other world parts so I am invested - I have not seen these plateaus everyone speaks of so pretty happy with fsgenesis at the moment

Barry where can this program be had - seeing some shady sites and not looking to download a crap file - thanks

Rich Sennett

Downloaded Prepar3d sdk and viewer was present  - it could not open a lot of files but some of the ones I checked are 9m so I must have 10m mesh and the files on fsgenesis site currently must be renamed but the same as what I have - good marketing I guess

Rich Sennett