Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

RadioCD4 Gauge Problem in FSX

I have the radiocd4 gauge installed in an FSX panel. I can get it too play from music on my HD with the AM/FM buttons. I have a music CD in my CD drive. I do not have autoplay selected as stated in the readme. I can play the CD music with WMP OK. I cannot get the radiocd4 to play the music from my CD drive. Am I missing something in the setup or configuration? Thanks, Bob.

Doesn't anyone have the radiocd4 working on FSX with WIN7 64? MIne worked on WIN XP before I switched to WIN7 64 bit. Thanks, Bob.

I looked at the gauge with Depends and found two dll's that are required. (netu10.dll and netu12.dll). I don't have either dll and can't find them via Google. They are not part of WIN 7 64. Does anyone have these dll's? If so I'd sure appreciate getting them. Maybe that's why it does not fully work in WIN7 64 bit. Thanks, Bob.

I did a AVSIM search in all the Forums for radiocd4 and came up with several hits. No solutions but many individuals had posted their fsx.cfg and it showed the gauge was successfully installed. You might want to do the same and maybe PM those individuals and see how they did it.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim. Thanks. It's not that the gauge is successfully installed. The gauge works fine in all respects except that the CD function does not work. The AM/FM functions work. All switches, panel lights, volume control all work except that it will not play CD's. The CD switch will open and close the CD tray.

I'll do a search and see what I can find out. I had it all working in FSX on my old XP computer.

Regards, Bob.

Maybe you can right click the gauge and select compatibility settings for XP.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Did R.L. Clark make an FSX version of this gauge? I remember using it in FS2002 and even had some success with it in FS9. If you get it working let us know, would be interested in using it  again.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks. It says FS2004. It worked for me before in FSX with XP but it won't play cd's in FSX with WIN7 64 bit. All other functions work. I tried contacting R.L. Clark at the address in the readme but it was rejected. Bob.

Thanks. It says FS2004. It worked for me before in FSX with XP but it won't play cd's in FSX with WIN7 64 bit. All other functions work. I tried contacting R.L. Clark at the address in the readme but it was rejected. Bob.

Hi Bob,

As far as I can remember, this gauge isn't working in FSX at all (neither on WinXP nor Win7).

I tried to use it a few years back on FSX, when I ported several FS9 aircraft to FSX. But that was on WinXP !!

And gave up using this (very nice) gauge in FSX.

So are you sure it was working on FSX/WInXP ??

As far as I know, the author left the " FS-scene" years ago.

Rob

Hi Rob. OK. You are probably right. I had FS9 and FSX on my old XP computer and I had the radiocd4 gauge working. It must have been on FS9. My mistake.

It does work great in FSX as far as playing 6 audio files in the AM position and  6 audio files in the FM position. It even accesses the CD tray to open and close. It just does not play any audio CD's.

Thanks and best regards, Bob.