Sign in to follow this  
propduster

WideFS Question

Could someone enlighten me on the advantage of using WideFS which is available from Peter Dowson' web site. What can be done using this program and is it worth the price to register it and use it. Also if there is any downside to using it. Some examples of it's use please. ThanksJim

Jim,If you have a second PC sitting around doing nothing then WideFS could be a real asset for you. It emulates FS so you can run supporting programs such as FS Flight Keeper www.molitor-home.de/fs/FLKeeper/News.html or FS Moving Map http://softwares.ranainside.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13. Doing this frees up resources on your main flying machine.Many serious pilots have Project Magenta www.projectmagenta.com/(Boeing or Airbus glass cockpit software) and this demands to be run on ne or more PCs linked to FS via WideFS.Those are the advantages. As for a downside the only ones I can think of are extra space required for the second PC and a realisation that however many monitors you have there's never enough space to show everything! :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,I'll second what Ray has said. I have used WideFS for about 3 years and can't imagine having only one PC available for FS. I run FS on one machine and ServInfo, Squawkbox, AVC, ActiveSky and FSMoving Map on the second. Money well spent IMHO.