Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Prepar3D v2.2 I give up. Refund requested.

Well I've spend waaaaay too much time trying to get P3D V2.2 to work properly but despite fresh installs, default scenery/aircraft/everything I continue to get the R6025 error.

Their official "support" forums are useless. They just blame ANY third party add-ons despite many customers having the same error despite with just a fresh install and no additional products installed.

Sad because there are loads of nice features that could make it a better sim than FSX but for now I'm going back to FSX DX10.

Maybe if they respond to customer complaints and fix the issue in a later version I shall purchase again. And if anyone finds a fix...please post it :D

Cheers

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Adam, there may be many reasons for this particular error, including Registry corruption. Have you run a Registry cleaning program to eliminate that as a possible cause?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

A quick internet Google:

3.Runtime Error R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call usually occurs due to:• Missing device driver• Malfunctioning device driver• Incomplete device driver files

The primary recommendation is to run a registry fix program. Having never needing one, I can't recommend any myself.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I would also like to run a registry cleaner but don't know which one to choose. Anyone have any recommendations? Free is nice, but I'll pay for quality!

- Bill Magann

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Check in Control Panel Uninstall, could be simply need to re-install the C++ libs from MS, all the Visual C++ Redistributables:

2005 Redistributable

2008 - x64 - 9.0.30729.17

2008 - x64 - 9.0.30729.6161

2008 - x86 - 9.0.21022

2008 - x86 - 9.0.30729.6161

2010 - x64 - 10.0.40219

2010 - x86 - 10.0.40219

2012 - x64 - 11.0.60610

2012 - x86 - 11.0.51106

Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I've never received an R6025 error and it doesn't appear to be a common error for P3D users.   Armed with that, the best approach is to look what might be causing this on your system and work that angle.

Look in the Event Viewer under Applications, look for the errors in the log (red X) ... that will give you more details about the "source" of the error.

ON a "clean" install you need to make sure the following directories are empty

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

When running the installer (setup) try "Run As Administrator" option.  Temporarily turn off any anti-virus software you have.

If you can provide information on exactly when you get the error that might help.

Not sure why LM would blame third party when you indicated you aren't running any 3rd party add-ons?  Are you running add-ons?  But in LM's defense I have seen many people claim they don't run any add-ons only to later find out they "forgot" they were running XYZ add-on which was the source of problem.  I'm not saying this is the cause, just saying LM see a lot of that or someone running Estonia Migration tool on unsupported products, etc. etc.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I wouldn't run a registry cleaner product myself ... some are malware/viruses themselves.  Not saying there isn't a lot of junk in the registry, there is, but I would avoid any type of registry cleaner.  Use Event Viewer to get more specific details about your error and proceed that way.

+1 what he said.

BTW those Redistributables I mentioned are up to date versions on Win8, haven't had time to run up the dusty, crusty, old Win7 PC to check those.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi guys thanks for all your tips! I've tried ALL the possible fixes including reinstalling P3D three times (which took an age because their installer forces you to extract installation files to the C Drive - not enough space on mine (11GB!) so had to extract each .cab file manually zzzzz.Then finally just using their default aircraft - which also crashed the sim with same error. At which point I decided I'd wasted enough time on it.

C++ libraries are all up to date. I also use CCleaner to keep the registry clean. The error is completely random but always nearly occurs after a flight of 15-20mins +. dll.xml was clean apart from P3D and FSUIPC. I even removed FSUIPC just in case but it still crashed after a while.

I do miss the added smoothness and improved autogen of P3D but I've reinstalled FSX now with the DX10Scenery Fixer and it's running nicely.

I'll keep an eye out on here for V2.3 and see if anyone else gets the R6025 error once that's released. If not I'll definitely be back to P3D :D

FSUK.jpg

Hi guys thanks for all your tips! I've tried ALL the possible fixes including reinstalling P3D three times (which took an age because their installer forces you to extract installation files to the C Drive - not enough space on mine (11GB!)

That's not the case for me, I only have 7GB free on my C: drive and have gone thru many fresh installs of P3DV2.0 to V2.2 ... it doesn't force extract of install files to c:??  

But in your other related threads, you indicated you are running add-ons?

Can you also confirm that your clear out those 4 directories I listed above before you do a "clean install"?

Cheers, Rob.

What hardware are you running it on? I am also getting this error and considering a refund but if we both have the same CPU, or GFX card, maybe there's hope there?

Mike

EDIT: I see we both have NVidia graphics cards, I have the EVGA GTX 760 and you have the GTX 650. Maybe it is an nvidia compatibility issue with P3D?

Michael Shamash

FlightSim Solutions GP

Hi Mike,

I guess it could be but I would expect to see alot more posts about errors on here if it was.

Rob, everything has been removed including all previous reg entries. Went through the PC with a "fine toothcomb" last night clearing out P3D stuff. Am back to a fresh FSX and DX10 install and much happier. I can live without cloud shadows and non-popping autogen for now. Will wait for the next version and see how everyone finds it. For now I've requested a refund and will stick to FSX but thank you for taking the time to try and help out!

Best of luck all!

Cheers

Adam

FSUK.jpg

Am back to a fresh FSX and DX10 install and much happier.

Fair enough, but there is a large percent of folks that don't have this problem and never had this problem.  To be honest, you've gone thru some strange ways of installing P3D with having to extract CAB files and warnings about not enough disk space ... add to that in other threads you've indicated you are running RAASPro which is not P3D compatible.

Anyway, your choice of course.  Enjoy your simming.

Cheers, Rob.