Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

What is the best graphic card for xplane 10 64 bit ?!

Hi, what is the best graphic card to run xplane 10 at high settings?! Which is better Nvidia or Amd cards for Xplane?! Are 4 GBs PC RAM enough?! 

I want to buy 4 GB graphic card.

THANKS

I am running a NVidia gtx780 w/3 monitors in surround mode. I haven't had any issues so far.

As for on board ram, I would go with 8 gigs as the min.

I just added more ram to handle scenery addons. I am now running 32 gigs of ram.

You will need more memory when the devs fix the scenery blurries in a future update. Chris Longo

I am running a NVidia gtx780 w/3 monitors in surround mode. I haven't had any issues so far.

As for on board ram, I would go with 8 gigs as the min.

I just added more ram to handle scenery addons. I am now running 32 gigs of ram.

You will need more memory when the devs fix the scenery blurries in a future update. Chris Longo

thank you for that info :)

I have a Nvidia 770 with 4GB VRAM, my laptop has a Nvidia 670 3GB VRAM, I can tell you I have pushed my VRAM usage {uncompressed} up to 2GB+. I stick with Nvidia for all my video cards, but get what you can afford as far as video cards go. I did boost both computer's RAM to 24GB+ due to the upcoming visibility fix.

I have a Nvidia 770 with 4GB VRAM, my laptop has a Nvidia 670 3GB VRAM, I can tell you I have pushed my VRAM usage {uncompressed} up to 2GB+. I stick with Nvidia for all my video cards, but get what you can afford as far as video cards go. I did boost both computer's RAM to 24GB+ due to the upcoming visibility fix.

Thanks

Hi, what is the best graphic card to run xplane 10 at high settings?! Which is better Nvidia or Amd cards for Xplane?! Are 4 GBs PC RAM enough?! 

I want to buy 4 GB graphic card.

THANKS

Get a GTX780 6 GB card if you can afford it !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I've had x-plane 10 using over 5GB of video memory on the original Titan with everything cranked on 3 screens ( not playable though) You will want at least 16 GB of system memory for sure in XPX - you can get by with less but it will hinder your performance,

I've had x-plane 10 using over 5GB of video memory on the original Titan with everything cranked on 3 screens ( not playable though) You will want at least 16 GB of system memory for sure in XPX - you can get by with less but it will hinder your performance,

Get a GTX780 6 GB card if you can afford it !

thank you all, but is there a link in the forum that recommend the best hardware to run Xplane10 smoothly at high settings.

Please note that i have the following system specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
System Manufacturer INTEL_
System Model DX58SO__
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz, 2661 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. SOX5810J.86A.5600.2013.0729.2250, 7/29/2013

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.99 GB

Name ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Adapter Description ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Adapter RAM 512.00 MB (536,870,912 bytes)
Installed Drivers aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver Version 8.970.100.1100

Resolution 1680 x 1050 x 59 hertz

Ok, your processor is slightly older than mine. Your Motherboard can only handle up to 16 GB of RAM so you should replace the RAM with 16GB. With your older moherboard and processor I would switch to a 770GTX4GB.

Ok, your processor is slightly older than mine. Your Motherboard can only handle up to 16 GB of RAM so you should replace the RAM with 16GB. With your older moherboard and processor I would switch to a 770GTX4GB.

Great answer , thanks ! 

The R9 290 has 4gb and it out preforms the 770. 

In most reviews and in my personal experience, AMD graphics cards just do not equate to nVidia in flightsim applications.  For me, they are just too expensive to experiment with, so I just stick to nVidia and they have never let me down.  Currently - GTX 770 with 4 GB.

Also, the graphics are highly dependent on your processor and motherboard.  Just throwing a great graphics card into an older system does not necessarily equate to better performance.

John

John Wingold

I would always shy away from AMD always appears that there is some glitch/anomaly with their drivers and although some might disagree ,Nvidia is the standard and AMD is the afterthought when games are developed. 

I would always shy away from Nvidia, always appears that there is some glitch/anomaly with their drivers

I am not sure if I ubderstand your post correctly: Why would you shy away from NVidia, while you say that the NVidia Drivers are the standard?

I must say my last AMD card worked quite well till X-Plane really started to use its reserves. Suddenly I had many crashes of the display drivers that had to be restarted.

In general especially the OpenGL drivers of NVidia are much more reliable than their AMD counterparts.

I am not sure if I ubderstand your post correctly: Why would you shy away from NVidia, while you say that the NVidia Drivers are the standard?

I must say my last AMD card worked quite well till X-Plane really started to use its reserves. Suddenly I had many crashes of the display drivers that had to be restarted.

In general especially the OpenGL drivers of NVidia are much more reliable than their AMD counterparts.

Edited post above. Thanks.