mm I have this coming, any thoughts will be most welcome; 

Lenovo G770 17.3 inch Laptop - Black (Intel Core i5 2430M 2.4GHz, RAM 8GB, HDD 750GB, AMD 6650 2GB, Blu ray, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

For use on fsx.

Thoughts... this is not an ideal computer to run FSX on... you will have to limit yourself

in terms of scenery complexity and addons...

I'd consider FS2004 if you want good performance..

Bert

Haha how did you find this old topic and decided it was best to use it as a topic to post your question? ^^

Anyway, I would stick to Fs2004 if you want to actually enjoy a smooth flight.. obviously you can always run the trial of fsx and see how that goes for you!

FS9 will be awesome! 

FSX is always a bit of a dog! The 'Vista"of flight sims

P3D should work a lot better than FSX.

I have an i5 4GB laptop & run 2x versions of FS9 perfectly. I had FSX but dumped it for P3Dv1.4 I cannot use the latest P3Dv2.2 as my laptop's graphics are DX10 & not DX11.

My thoughts are that FSX is about 6 years old. P3D is the pro version originally called ESP that Lockheed Martin has updated & developed about 5-6 times now.

Sorry to throw a bit of a spanner into the works.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

mm I have this coming, any thoughts will be most welcome; 

Lenovo G770 17.3 inch Laptop - Black (Intel Core i5 2430M 2.4GHz, RAM 8GB, HDD 750GB, AMD 6650 2GB, Blu ray, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

For use on fsx.

I split your post from the old topic in the FSX Forum. This forum (the Hardware Forum) is best for giving us your system specs and looking for advice or asking what kind of system is best for FSX.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No problem Robin with spanners, honest opinions are whats needed however painful. My problem is cashflow, we've so much going on that the war department has put an embargo on funds. Maybe I need to use an OS that this kit will work well, and not aim for the impossible. I will look at the suggestions re other simulations, there's no point soldiering on with unsuitable kit, I just want to fly without tinkering. Many thanks for all the replies, they have all helped immensely, I will tailor my kit to a more suitable end. Thank you all, you too Jim!