Sign in to follow this  
Luke160388

How to install SP1

My assumption is that those downloads links will be updated with the full RTM including SP1

Yes if the sp1 is released before your link has expired  than you still be able to download from your link since it will be updated  to the latest sp1

Do I need to do anything with the licence with the current version to uninstall/reinstall it?

Yes in the cdu there is  a option to de activate your licence  so when its time to re install again  you wont have any issues about  activation issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes if the sp1 is released before your link has expired  than you still be able to download from your link since it will be updated  to the latest sp1

Yes in the cdu there is  a option to de activate your licence  so when its time to re install again  you wont have any issues about  activation issue

You do not have to use the deactivation option in the FMC for reinstallations, as uninstalling the aircraft does the exact same thing. The deactivation option is used so people can install the aircraft on multiple computers then transfer the license as needed.

Thx for  that   either  way still works  according to the intro manual

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks. Just one more thing can I make a copy of my livery texture folders and [flt.xx] part of the aircraft.cfg to paste back in once SP1 is added in without causing a problem?

I have all my a/c names/regs and thumbnails all uniform and tidy. I don't want to have slog through it all again.

Last one I promise ;)

i dont see why this would be an issue. just copy them somewhere save and then paste it back IF needed.

for the guys talking about paying $5 to download again, how about just download the installer and saving to a dvd or a folder instead of waiting

My assumption is that those downloads links will be updated with the full RTM including SP1 (with the caveat that I have zero facts to back up that assumption).

Thanks Mark, I just checked mine and I have 54 days left. Fantastic!!

for the guys talking about paying $5 to download again, how about just download the installer and saving to a dvd or a folder instead of waiting

I think you might have mis understood like Kyle :lol: before we knew that we have 12 months live download link, I think it use to be 10 days, or just a bit longer, you would have to pay 5 bucks  for extended download service.

Now I have my 777 and NGX backed up in 3 different places, so I was not meaning to replace files I lost, but to get new copy with the SP1 included, which is better than installing an update.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Wait... you're telling me to uninstall and re-install for the SP1? That's a first. (No offense to anyone).

Every game I've played that has required updates or service packs (even FSX) I have just loaded on top of it and never had a problem. I'll just wait 'n' see.

Devgrp, I agree with you. I have 3 copies of the installer now :P

Wait... you're telling me to uninstall and re-install for the SP1? That's a first. (No offense to anyone).

Talking about a clean install. personal choice that is all.  Nobody is telling you to do anything.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

the confusion here is that some users  say  just installing the sp1 over the  original one you have might cause  more issues  than it  originally had. and it best to download  it  again which lies the issue with the download link  which should be still available  for most users  before the sp1 comes out. So doing  a clean install might be the best way to go imo

Peter kelberg

the confusion here is that some users

Must be my accent :lol:

We will not be requiring a clean install or anything like that. I tell the testers to do it with each new version just to make absolutely certain the correct version is installed and that the files are correct while things are in a beta state and changing so frequently.

You are absolutely fine if you just install the SP1 patch version over top of your current install. You will just want to make sure you run the OC before installing so that it backs up your livery entries. Install SP1, then run the OC again and it'll restore the entries.

Also - the update is not being distributed through the OC - it will be possible to download it from there, but we don't have the capability to directly update the products through the OC yet - that's coming in version 2.0. You'll be able to download SP1 from the website as usual.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Lets wait until Robert or a developer give us an official statement about the installation. Normaly it shouldn't be a problem to install the SP1 over the current version you have. You can always uninstall and reinstall the aircraf if there is any problem after SP1 (just my thought)

Damn.. Ryan was faster :P.. Thank you Ryan. 

Philipp Schwaegerl