Sign in to follow this  
StubbinMyToe

What are your favorite addons and flight planners?

Do they use free tools like Blender 3D, or commercial tools like Modo, 3DS Max, Lightwave, etc. to create planes and scenery objects?

Depends what the artist is comfortable with or can afford. MCX can convert almost anything. Lots of scenery developers are using the powerful but free to use GMax, but I have a feeling the really intricate planes are done mainly on 3ds.

definitely REX for cloud textures. ASN for weather,EZCA, PFPX and topcat for planning. Also navigraph's yearly chart subscription if you count it as an addon of some sort.

Cheers

Do they use free tools like Blender 3D, or commercial tools like Modo, 3DS Max, Lightwave, etc. to create planes and scenery objects?

for aircraft, most use Gmax or 3DSMax that i know of. For scenery, you can create objects in almost any 3D program, but you will have more control over effects, scale, FSX specific features if you stay with a program that the SDKs support, such as Gmax or 3DSMax.

I mostly use Gmax, although I do have 3DSMax, Carrara, hexagon, Blender, Sketchup and milkshape installed.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Vatsim is easily my most valuable addon. It's actually dominating all the other addons in usefulness for me.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Pilotedge is one of my favorites. I just wish I had more time to get online. One of the best addons I use hands down.

• Active Sky Next

AES 

DX10 Scenery Fixer

Flightaware

FS2CREW

FSCaptain

GSX

OpusFSX Cams

PFPX

REX4

TOPCAT

TrackIR5