Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

NGX trim values wrong with VRI MCP

Hi guys, I have recently completed a full reinstall of FSX and Win7, which has been a gruelling process but worth it, I think! Anyway, a lot of those 'silly' issues which were causing problems have now vanished. You know the kind of things, when everything just gets a bit 'flakey' and you can never put your finger on what exactly is the problem. So I'm pretty happy at the moment, BUT the only single issue I'm having is with the elevator trim LCD readout on the VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP with the PMDG NGX. I have the latest NGX LINDA module installed. Previously, all the readouts on the small LCD screen were spot on, so if it showed 4.6 on the trim wheel, that is what was showing on the MCP. But now, for some reason, the readout for the trim values are different to what is being dialled in on the trim wheel. In fact they bare no similarity whatsoever. Has anyone had a similar experience, or if not, can anyone offer some advice, thanks fellas.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

No one?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi Rockliffe, sorry for the slow response. I was doing some Airbus work and have had to switch aircraft and MCP panels to look at the points you raise. My answer is based on LINDA 2.1 (beta) and PDMG 737 NGX module 2.0.

I found a good match of the ElevTrim values on the MCP LCD display and the 'manual' trim wheel when I assigned the ELEV_TRIM_UP and ELEV_TRIM_DN functions to my CH Yoke trim wheel or to one of my Saitek Throttle Quadrant switches.  While using the mouse to alter the Elev Trim manually there is no display output. However, the next use of my Yoke trim wheel/Quadrant switches displayed a trim value appropriate to the trim wheel position.

The only anomaly I spotted was that when you reverse the direction of the Elev Trim (via LINDA) it takes one actuation (switch press) to change the direction. For example, after selecting Trim Up to 4.9, the first press of Trim Down shows 4.9 or 5.02 before the value decreases on subsequent Trim Down presses.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Rockliffe, sorry for the slow response. I was doing some Airbus work and have had to switch aircraft and MCP panels to look at the points you raise. My answer is based on LINDA 2.1 (beta) and PDMG 737 NGX module 2.0.

I found a good match of the ElevTrim values on the MCP LCD display and the 'manual' trim wheel when I assigned the ELEV_TRIM_UP and ELEV_TRIM_DN functions to my CH Yoke trim wheel or to one of my Saitek Throttle Quadrant switches.  While using the mouse to alter the Elev Trim manually there is no display output. However, the next use of my Yoke trim wheel/Quadrant switches displayed a trim value appropriate to the trim wheel position.

The only anomaly I spotted was that when you reverse the direction of the Elev Trim (via LINDA) it takes one actuation (switch press) to change the direction. For example, after selecting Trim Up to 4.9, the first press of Trim Down shows 4.9 or 5.02 before the value decreases on subsequent Trim Down presses.

Hi matey, thanks for the reply. Sure, it was no problem with my previous installation, just since doing a fresh install. I don't really know what to try...? I have to add that the elevator switch is on my Warthog, but as I say, no previous problems... I was hoping Andy may have an idea as he seems to be the VRinsight man... maybe I should post on the relevent VRI forum, but I'm unsure whether it's the MCP or LINDA...

Howard