Sign in to follow this  
Patrick96M

Artifact (?)

Hi,

Does anyone know how to fix this kind of artifact? It is only one millisecond so it looks a flash. It seems the problem occurs only when moving my view btw.

870879bb1c.jpg

Thanks.

Does this happen on every airport? Are you using bufferpool tweaks?

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Yes it occurs on every airport.

My bufferpools:

[bufferPools]
PoolSize=5000000
RejectThreshold=131072
UsePools=0

Welcome to Avsim!

Since this happens as a flash, I'd guess that your video card is not able to keep up with the demands being placed upon it.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Try to disable your bufferpool tweaks to see if it changes anything

vatsim s3

1133704.png

With usepools=0 it is disabled, isn't it? I tried usepools=1 and I can confirm the problem is resolved, but my average fps is decreased with 15(!).

My bufferpools:

[bufferPools]

PoolSize=5000000

RejectThreshold=131072

UsePools=0

If you are using PoolSize and RejectThreshold value, you should not have UsePools=0 in your config.

Otherwise you should use only:

[bufferPools]

UsePools=0

And set your water setting in FSX to 2x high, or you will get artifacts.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So:

[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

And water setting 2x high should fix it. I will test it.

Edit : It worked, but water 2x high eats a lot of fps compared to none what I had before. There is no other way around to fix the artifact?

So:

[bufferPools]UsePools=0

And water setting 2x high should fix it. I will test it.

Edit : It worked, but water 2x high eats a lot of fps compared to none what I had before. There is no other way around to fix the artifact?

I am not aware of, but Regardless of what your rig specs are, I would suggest maybe compromising on some other slider settings to compensate.

Edit: I am no expert, but I should add that to use the BP=0 tweak, I believe you have to have a reasonable GPU.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

My bufferpools:

[bufferPools]
PoolSize=5000000
RejectThreshold=131072
UsePools=0

Just want to confirm what wanabflyer said.

You cannot ever use usepools=0 with values in rejecthreshold and poolsize

If you want to use the rejectthreshold and poolsize it will look like below.

[bUFFERPOOLS]

UsePools=1

Poolsize=8388608

RejectThreshold=126976

Also there is specific values that should be used. e.g.

=524288  highest

=262144

=126976  <---- this is what I start with for a safe value and RARELY ever have to use any different

=98304 
=65536    lowest

Same thing for poolsize: You cannot just add any random number.

do you have the HIGHMEMFIX added in your FSX.cfg

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1  

this should be in ALL FSX.cfg files.. it was left out by Aces by mistake in SP2/Acceleration

Have you read the FSX tweaking guide where this is properly explained

http://forum.avsim.net/files/file/41-basic-fsx-p3d-configuration-guide/

Bufferpools is NOT the holy grain of fsx. It either work for you or NOT.

Bufferpools – Not recommended except for tweaking Autogen. Autogen has a default

texture buffer of 4 million (PoolSize=4000000) but this default function is not displayed in the FSX.cfg. If you want to change this value you will have to add the heading [bufferPools] and then, on the next line enter the new parameter. This will override the default setting set by Microsoft when they developed FSX. Setting the value to UsePools=0 means it will completely use the video card memory as the texture buffer. This could provide improvements to FSX with a very modern video card but may produce artifacts, memory spikes, and many times crashes. If you want to play with this parameter, you can simply search the Internet for Bufferpools FSX. We have seen too many issues by many who have tried this so-called ‘tweak’ so users should use caution when employing this parameter.

So if you you really wanna try bufferpools

starts with just

[bufferPools]

UsePools=0

Thanks, I used some tweak tools so I haven't done the wrong bufferpools by my self. I will use usepools=0 because of the fps improvement.

I also have highmemfix and I downloaded the tweaking guide already a few hours ago.

you can also read more here

http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

Another good read is this document where point 6 explain the bufferpools. Download and read point 6. Although this is about DX10, it is a very detailed explanation on bufferpools

http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=dload&fname=DX10_HowTo.pdf

Thanks, I used some tweak tools so I haven't done the wrong bufferpools by my self. I will use usepools=0 because of the fps improvement.

I also have highmemfix and I downloaded the tweaking guide already a few hours ago.

Great, hope you get it sorted.

I also found this particularly true on my system

Whenever I use BP=0, I always make sure my target frame rate is locked and I use highwater2.

"quote from the FSX customsining doc"

Notes:
Normally a locked framerate is required (30 set in fsx). BP=0 will cause artifacting and flashing if the ‘match’ is wrong. In this case, either set water to High 2.x, or set BP to “1” and add a RejectThreshold. Testing for size is a few hundred identical low-level flights with on-screen frame rates visible around a known frame-rate killer area, such as the city of Seattle. As the settings become “more correct” the frame-rate will increase, and the dips will lessen.