Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

300ER, PFPX and TOPCAT

Hi,

PFPX has already a profile for the 300ER.

TOPCAT has a profile (beta) too for the 200LR  but not for the 300ER. As I understand it is very difficult and time consuming to add a new aircraft in TOPCAT. So I think we will have to wait quite a while for a 300ER profile? I checked the TOPCAT forum but did not see anything about the 300ER.

Does anybody has infos?

- TONY -

Does anybody has infos?
It took over 6 months for the -200LR profile, I don't expect the -300ER to be much quicker. I am just going to use the -200LR profile at first, at least it will be accurate to within a few kt for take-offs.

I don't expect the -300 to be added to TOPCAT anytime. Their products are outstanding, their customer support sucks. No wonder, given that the whole product development relies on one person who does all the work in his free time besides his job as Airline Pilot. I would guess they (he) rather think(s) about a complete new Topcat program that would allow users to easily add new profiles AS in PFPX. They mentioned something like that in their forum. Considering that the development of PFPX took years, we will most likely see a profile for the -300 in 202x.

It took over 6 months for the -200LR profile, I don't expect the -300ER to be much quicker. I am just going to use the -200LR profile at first, at least it will be accurate to within a few kt for take-offs.

Looking at the figures for the B77F, they are adequate to be used for the -300ER performance calculations.

Looking at the figures for the B77F, they are adequate to be used for the -300ER performance calculations.

You are right, the -F would probably be closer to the -300ER. 

TOPCAT, I'm unsure of.

I'm 100% sure that the 300ER is already in PFPX, though.  I've been using it since we got the 300ER.  Go have a look at the aircraft DB.

Kyle Rodgers