Sign in to follow this  
Richard Avenido

problem updating operations center

it always gives me an error everytime i try to update it says " opscenterupdater.exe. is not a valid win32 application " by the way this is the first time i encountered this error.

it always gives me an error everytime i try to update it says " opscenterupdater.exe. is not a valid win32 application " by the way this is the first time i encountered this error.

I believe there is a manual way of updating it - have a look in your FSX\PMDG folder for something along the lines of opscenterupdater.exe and rickt-click - run as administrator. 

I believe there is a manual way of updating it - have a look in your FSX\PMDG folder for something along the lines of opscenterupdater.exe and rickt-click - run as administrator. 

i tried that it didn't work.

Richard Avenido, on 13 Jul 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

i tried that it didn't work.

Perhaps the .exe is corrupt - I have seen this message about invalid win32 etc etc when a file is corrupt. 

Maybe PMDG can provide you with a copy of the .exe - or - and I don't suggest this lightly - re-installation of the product.

Perhaps the .exe is corrupt - I have seen this message about invalid win32 etc etc when a file is corrupt. 

Maybe PMDG can provide you with a copy of the .exe - or - and I don't suggest this lightly - re-installation of the product.

i contacted the support team i hope they find a solution. maybe your right that it is corrupt. thanks for giving me an idea and sorry for my bad grammar

Richard Avenido, on 13 Jul 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

i contacted the support team i hope they find a solution. maybe your right that it is corrupt. thanks for giving me an idea and sorry for my bad grammar

I am glad to have helped. I would not usually suggest a re-installation but sometimes it is the only way to fix corrupted files. But maybe PMDG can provide you with just the EXE that is broken. Good luck 

The installer has a REPAIR option, usually is a better option than going through a complete reinstall.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am glad to have helped. I would not usually suggest a re-installation but sometimes it is the only way to fix corrupted files. But maybe PMDG can provide you with just the EXE that is broken. Good luck 

hey youre right about the .exe file. it is corrupt. a tech guy from PMDG send me a new .exe file. and now i can update the ops center.

The installer has a REPAIR option, usually is a better option than going through a complete reinstall.

wow i didnt know that. anyway they already send me a replacement file. now it works :)

Richard Avenido, on 14 Jul 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:Richard Avenido, on 14 Jul 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

hey youre right about the .exe file. it is corrupt. a tech guy from PMDG send me a new .exe file. and now i can update the ops center.

wow i didnt know that. anyway they already send me a replacement file. now it works :)

Glad to know my instincts were correct! (Given that IT is my actual business!!)   :lol:

and glad your problem is sorted.