Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Have You Seen This?

It's a great concept, but unfortunately on the ground we have idiot drivers and drunks crashing into things. So imagine having them in the sky :O

Me Want.

For approx. $400,000 and delivery in 2016 (if you get in line first), you can have one. :lol:

It's a great concept, but unfortunately on the ground we have idiot drivers and drunks crashing into things. So imagine having them in the sky :o

Yeah, this is definitely a vehicle that needs to have a Breathalyzer interlock.

They would have to assume the strictest license, so basically everyone who puts one on the road would have to be a licensed pilot also. Ground to air access points added locally.

They would have to assume the strictest license, so basically everyone who puts one on the road would have to be a licensed pilot also. Ground to air access points added locally.

In the U.S. that would not necessarily be the case, if the FAA approved it for use at all. All they would need is a Sport Pilot's license. Not too tough a bar to cross.

It's a great concept, but unfortunately on the ground we have idiot drivers and drunks crashing into things. So imagine having them in the sky :o

Yeah, that wouldn't end well. I spend a lot of time driving around and you'd be surprised what I've seen.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Awesome.  Maybe there will be a tenable flying car in my lifetime.

When I was a kid my best friend got a Testors airplane that you could fly around in circles by holding a tether.  He let me have a go at it and I (unintentionally) nosedived it into the ground, munching one of the wings and busting the propeller before I could even make a single revolution.  (I was always breaking his toys--he must have really liked me or liked getting new toys after I broke the old ones, who knows).

Anyway, I expect my experience with something like this would be about the same.  Either that or I'd get rear-ended the first time I took it out on the street.

Richard P. Kelly

Wow amazing - thanks for sharing Tom

Rich Sennett

Neat. Would be very limited with where one could takeoff and land unless you live and work in the country.

Wonder how fast it is? Much faster than a car at 75mph on the freeway?

Wonder how fast it is? Much faster than a car at 75mph on the freeway?

According to the news it can do 110-120 MPH on both the road and in the air. And it flies as slow as 30 MPH. That's slow enough for me to crash land in my back yard. :ph34r:

Lovely...  I can hardly WAIT to see these in Miami...   

Because it's a 3 wheeled vehicle, the first license requirement in the U.S. is a motorcycle license.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Interesting concept, but I do have to wonder about training, licensing, insurance, and safety for people on the ground and in the air.  It's sad to say, but odds are someone, somewhere, in the presence of their friends would utter the phrase "hold my beer and watch this."  :drinks::vava:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.