Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Have You Seen This?

I wonder if you're clear to fly over any terrain on that one, or it's suggested you always follow a road, in case anything happen with the engine, etc.

Alexis Mefano

I thought that autogyros have a particularly bad safety record though it isn't a result of design flaws. Bunting is something that would worry me about these things. I'm not sure how easily or quickly by a bunt over happens, but I don't like the idea of complete and unrecoverable loss of control.

Given the cost of these things and the training required, I doubt we will be seeing many incidents of DWI. I reckon, no more than we'd see in aviation today.

I want one ! But 400,000, forget it !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

In the U.S. that would not necessarily be the case, if the FAA approved it for use at all. All they would need is a Sport Pilot's license. Not too tough a bar to cross.

As a GA pilot/ PP-SEL, would you need a Rotorcraft certificate/ endorsement or just a check out by an instructor?

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

In the U.S. that would not necessarily be the case, if the FAA approved it for use at all. All they would need is a Sport Pilot's license. Not too tough a bar to cross.

Regarding the US, I think the FAA will be the easier department to deal with.  They will also have to get certification from DOT and NHTSA.  I, for one, would love to see the crash test video of that thing.

Yes, I remember seeing this when it was first posted...

...two years ago! :lol:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's not my idea of a flying car.  When I first dreamed of one (many years ago), I didn't envision a motorcycle / helicopter.  I envisioned a "car".....looks like a car, smells like a car, it IS a car.  It's a car like you and I know, ONLY...it can fly.

Stan

Tom, save up your pennies! According to this, this "flying motorcycle" will be available in 2016:

Flying Motorcycle Deliveries To Start in 2016

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Flying-Motorcycle-Deliveries-to-Start-in-2016222332-1.html

The PAL-V ONE, a roadable gyrocopter or flying motorcycle—take your pick—has announced that it will make its first deliveries in 2016. Made by PAL-V Europe NV, based in Raamsdonksveer in the Netherlands, the two-place PAL-V ONE (PAL-V stands for Personal Air and Land Vehicle) uses a 230-HP engine to turn a pusher prop—the main rotor autorotates to provide lift. Top speed on land or in the air is 112 MPH. Flight range is claimed to be 315 miles with a fuel consumption of 9.5 GPH—ground range is said to be 750 miles at 28 MPG. Conversion between modes is reported to take 10 minutes and takeoff distance is claimed to be 540 feet. Orders are currently being taken only in the Netherlands; however, the company said it intends to expand internationally this fall at a price of $395,000.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

$400k!?

Man, forget that, I'd get me a shiny Arancio Argos Lamborghini Aventador for that much.

Aamir Thacker